Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slobs

Old 09-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Slobs

just to put an end to this i think new shooter IS a union worker... and thats why he had the winky smiley in there. i think he meant NO HARM as in a PUN including himself... but again i think he was KIDDING!
Old 09-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now I've never actually seen a slob in the woods or on a lake that I could positively identify as a slob but I've seen where they've been. Plastic beverage bottles, candy bar wrappers and pop cans litter the area. I wouldn't blame that on the fish or the wild game. It was done by SLOBS!!! I don't see anything wrong with catching slobs or even shooting at them but I'll spend my time hunting and fishing for CREATURES.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

The term SLOB started being used about 5 years ago when I arrowed a huge fat buck that was so heavy it bottomed out our 300 pound scale before we even had it off of the ground. And thats after feild dressing. Someone called it THE 400 POUND SLOB I kinda liked the term, it reffers to a huge mature eating machine. No differance than calling a buck a MONSTER Or a BEAST OR A PHANTOM BUCK
Some people just got nothing better to do than try to make them selves feel better about there hunting skills by belittleing every comment or phrase someone else makes Here is a link to veiw the SLOB
http://www.bloodbro.com/trophyroom/archives/2004/07/dan_with_a_huge.html
Old 09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW Bukmastr.........Nice Majestic Beast of a Creature........I sure wouldn't belittle it by calling it a slob but you killed it so call it what you want...Happy Huntin
Old 09-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hey WVCritterGitter,
Glad you liked the SLOB, But I sure wouldn't call him a BEAST or a CREATURE. It might offend some one. It would be a pretty bland world if we could only reffer to them as whitetail deer.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Bukmastr

Hey WVCritterGitter,
Glad you liked the SLOB, But I sure wouldn't call him a BEAST or a CREATURE. It might offend some one. It would be a pretty bland world if we could only reffer to them as whitetail deer.
Man! That's one Monster, SLOB, Beast, pig of a deer. Good job. I doubt that buck's feelings are gonna be hurt. Did you get that dude in WI?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:45 AM
Typical Buck

Man! That's one Monster, SLOB, Beast, pig of a deer. Good job. I doubt that buck's feelings are gonna be hurt. Did you get that dude in WI?
[/quote]
Did you get that dude in WI?
Rhinodogg,
That there is a S.E. Wisconsin Swamp buck. Watched him for 1/2 the year and when everything was right moved in for the kill. I let a 140's 10 point go by while waiting on this guy, then 10 minutes later was rewarded for holding out.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bukmastr, that is a great looking buck for sure and I can understand how the nickname got started from seeing it.

Some people just got nothing better to do than try to make them selves feel better about there hunting skills by belittleing every comment or phrase someone else makes
SLOB does not hurt my feelings nor do I feel better about my skills by bringing this up. What the term does is show the non hunting public that you have no respect for the animal, whether you do or not. It is all about perception.

Kudos to you for starting a catchy phrase that has caught on to the rest of the industry - now you're name will forever be synonymous with SLOB.

Personally I don't like it and will never use that terminology but you have a right to say it and I will defend that right. However, it adds fuel carelessly to the anti hunting cause - none of us should take that lightly.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bukmastr,

How do you know that you started it? When I posted a thread similar to this one a month or so back I believe a couple of guys posted saying that was a term they had heard used for years and years. I still personally think it's stupid and disrespectful, that's just my opinion.

Some people just got nothing better to do than try to make them selves feel better about there hunting skills by belittleing every comment or phrase someone else makes
That has to be one of the least thought out comments that I have ever heard. How would someone expressing an opinion about a term, that they feel is derrogatory, make them feel better about their own hunting skills? This is a message board where opinions are exchanged. Several people here feel that "your" little catch phrase is offensive, disrespectful, and derrogatory. So you are trying to belittle those that have a problem with they way that term portrays hunters in general. I personally find the term offensive and you can try to paint that however you want to.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: silentassassin
That has to be one of the least thought out comments that I have ever heard. How would someone expressing an opinion about a term, that they feel is derrogatory, make them feel better about their own hunting skills? This is a message board where opinions are exchanged. Several people here feel that "your" little catch phrase is offensive, disrespectful, and derrogatory. So you are trying to belittle those that have a problem with they way that term portrays hunters in general. I personally find the term offensive and you can try to paint that however you want to.
i agree oppinions are like *******s.. everyone has one and they all stink! no matter how you look at it. and i think alot is lost in translation between the internet and really talking to people. lots of arguements could go one way, but i think the best example is that EVERYONE here KNOWS that what other people say are THEIR oppinions, and quite frankly Hazcon7 fights for US to be able to HAVE those oppinions. Bukmastr has HIS opinions, and everyone else can either side with or against him on that one. but again thats MY oppinion.
thats what makes this forum great that we all express our OWN oppinions and everyone respects those oppinions, weather they agree or disagree, those oppinions are respected... i dont know of any other forum that has guys who actually can do that.

and by the way, who ever thinks that they were the first ones to call an animal something is crazy.. how many hundreds of thousands of hunters have been out there hunting before we ever got there? i think i have heard that term used for fish when i was about 10 whcih is more than 16 years ago. but like i said i didnt hear about the term untill i got here.

Quick Reply: Slobs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.