Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slobs

Old 09-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Slobs

I have never heard it used in this context. I prefer the term "pig" or "hog" myself.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Are you sure they weren't saying SLAB..they use that term alot on those fishing shows meaning it's a pretty nice fish good slab of meat so to speak. Just wondering. Pat
Old 09-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't we just go through this same exact thread about a month or so ago?[&:]

The term "slob" originated (around here) for a huge fish , meaning big fat slob. I guess it spilled over into other big animals also.

I have an idea! Why dont we call poachers....poachers? Then we wont have to be so PC when using the word slob.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:45 AM

My mother who doesn't hunt or fish thought that term was disgusting and disrespectful.
Spotsman sooner or later have to learn that how they talk reflects on how the non- hunting and fishing population views these sports.

It does sportsman no good to talk in a manner that does not reflect intelligence and respect to the non hunting group.

Your Mother doesn't view hunters or fishing in a positive light now. Thanks a lot video guys. You have made everyone's job tuffer now.
Keep it up and we might not be able to hunt or fish at all. [&o][][&o]
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

i had no idea you felt that way Haz. pesonally i never really thought about it.. i mean if we give into all that PC bull when does it stop? can we still call them "MONSTERS?"

by the way buddy, i changed my signature for ya!
I cant have my team mates upset with my verbage!
its all good i dont care what people call em as long as they are not poachers... you can call my Bass a big FAT SLOB of a BASS!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

No worries daystalker.

(((feeling stupid right about now)))
Old 09-07-2004, 02:55 PM

It came from bukmastr or what ever his name is. It is all over his website which he would attach to his pics about 6 months ago . That is where you saw it . It sounds so stupid i hate it. Sounds like you are hunting some fat ass lazy un showered union worker
Old 09-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

No worries daystalker.

(((feeling stupid right about now)))
I dunno why you feel stupid? nothing wrong with voicing your oppinion! actually i admire that... not many guys on here would have the cohones to say something about that. i agree i didint like the term at all unfortunatly i was under the impression (very nieve) that it was the LATEST archery lingo and i was affraid of being left behind in the terms all you IN-HUNTERS use so i used it myself. and for the most part if you know me you know that i have nothing but respect and admiration for these animals. i woudlnt have a shrine in my rec room devoted entirely to them if i didnt! well they share it with the fake fishes
Old 09-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds so stupid i hate it. Sounds like you are hunting some fat ass lazy un showered union worker
On behalf of all union workers and anyone else with enough common sense to see the profiling stupidity of that sentence........................BITE ME WHERE I SIT!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 04:04 PM

Hey daystalker - I wonered what your tagline meant .... for some reason I couldn't figure out what shooting some slouch had to do with trophies .... but I was too embarrassed to ask.....

Now, what about the rest of it .... do you hunt in Illinois, New York, Pennsylvania and Kentucky ? (sorry to be so stupid)

Quick Reply: Slobs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.