Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just a little Target Panic Help

Old 08-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just a little Target Panic Help

Last night I was out in the back yard shooting and noticed that I was having a hard time keeping my pin on the dot of my Block Target. When I did hold a steady pin I was punching the trigger. Well I turned the target to the blank side and just concentrated on holding the pin steady in the middle of the target and getting a good release and it really seemed to help me. I plan on doing this for the next 2-3 times that I shoot and hope that it takes care of the problem. So if any of you all are have this same problem try this little technique and see if it works for you.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Just a little Target Panic Help

Often called Blind Bale Shooting and it does work well. Stand close to the target and pull through each shot concentrating on relaxation and form... not the target. You'll get the "feel" needed to shoot a bow properly. I've helped others overcome TP with the same technique, adding a true "surprise" release by allowing another person to activate the shot. Use monofilament fishing line tied to the release trigger so the second party can release the shot. You must be very careful for obvious reasons. Practice with a back tension release if things don't improve rapidly and you'll be back in the 10 ring in no time.