Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CRAZY HUMINGBIRDS

Old 08-30-2004, 08:25 PM

Default CRAZY HUMINGBIRDS

the part that gathers the light for my sight sits on top of my sights and earlier i was shooting my bow when i heard a humming noise.I dint think much of it and drew back. Well as i was aiming at the target i see a humming bird land on the top of my sights where it gathers the light.It sat there for like 4 seconds and flew off.then maybe 20 mins i had the bow to a full draw and felt something brush the bottom of my arm and out of the corner of my eye i saw the hummingbird flying off[&:] lol this was the first time the hummingbirds have been intrested in me shooting,has anything like this happend to u?or anything with an animal come up to u while u were shooting?
Old 08-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CRAZY HUMINGBIRDS

Add or maby while sitting in your treestand, that should make for some good stories. I had a squirrel tha liked to eat his acorns on my seat. Every time I hunted the stand he would come down my tree and bark in my ear.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:54 PM

Yeah that kind of stuff happens all the time at my dads house, they feed the hummers, and after 15 years of feeding them they have a lot of them every year.. They have eight feeders that they fill twice a day,, a total of 2 gallons of hummer juice each day!!! they would eat more but my dad says that hes not giving them any more than that. You can sit and watch literally 30-40 on the feeders at one time, any time your in the yard they dive bomb us and fly all around checking stuff out,, its crazy, you dont want to wear bright colors,, bright stuff seems to attract them even more.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:25 AM

I was hunting a ground blind on a crop damage permit a few weeks ago. Had a Hummingbird flying around me and my buddy (who was taping). He got some good footage of the bird just hovering right in front of me. Pretty sweet.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:16 AM

If you were an ACE you'd have shot the hummingbird out of the air with your bow.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you were an ACE you'd have shot the hummingbird out of the air with your bow.
Not much meat on 'em, but if you get enough you could make a pie. They taste a lot like bald eagle.[8D]

they're a protected species.