Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Too much tech, too little savy

Old 09-20-2004, 11:13 AM

Default RE: Too much tech, too little savy

Golden Eagle Hunter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

saw this on ebay .take a look item 7103105458
Old 09-20-2004, 01:50 PM

I can take an advantage. I have a short draw so those things you think are too techy are my key. I still qaulified for ibo nationals. So some of have both my sight is a hha optimizer light not techy too me.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to mention all the other crap that is on the market that is responsible for putting nimrods in the field.
The only thing responsible for putting nimrods in the field is nimrods. A nimrod is a nimrod is a nimrod and it doesn't make any difference what equipment he uses then he is still a nimrod. A was in the shop on Saturday and a guy came in with his bow (didn't catch waht it was) from the 70's. He was in his mid-20's and wanted some arrows. Didn't know what kind, what length, what his draw length was yadda yadda. The tru epitomy of a nimrod. Now let's say this guy came in and bought all new "techno gizmos". Is he a nimrod because of all of the gizmos or is he a nimrod because he is a nimrod? I think the latter. Sooner or later we have to start holding people accountable for their actions and not manufacturers. That kind of mentality is precisely what is going to allow people to start suing gun manufacturers. Becasue people want to sue the manufacturer and hold them responsible rather than holding the individuals accountable. "Gizmo" manufacturers don't say "buy this and you don't even need to prectice" any more than gun manufacturers insiniuate that you should go out and shoot someone.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

My concern, however, lies in the obvious truth that the majority of discussion on this and other boards is with equipment and gizmo's as opposed to hunting skill.
In my opinion that is because equipment is more of a static subject. It is the same for everyone. Hunting on the other hand is dynamic and very different for all most all of us. I don't hunt the midwest anything like I do where I live. Likewise, I am sure that I wouldn't hunt the west anything like I would the mid-west. Even within these niches the hunting can be totally different for one hunter than it is for another. Terrain and hunting technique etc play a big role in these differences. Most of the time these things are very difficult to articulate through this text based meduim. Therefore, equipment lends itself to discussion much more easily than hunting does. You can only tell someone to "find the does and the bucks will show up" or "hunt the funnels" or "hunt close to the bedding areas" so many times before it starts getting old.