Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walmart deer stand, good deal??

Old 08-25-2004, 08:52 AM

Default Walmart deer stand, good deal??

Walmart has the King Kong Chain on treestand for $70. It includes a Lineman's style full body harness, 24"x30" platform, dual straps, nylon bushings and washers, weighs 18 lbs, removable back rest, and Gorilla name brand. I check out Cabela's and Basspro and they were both $90 for the stand and $30 for the back rest. I would like to get 2 new stands, this seems like the best deal I have found so far.

Anything wrong with this stand??

Steve
Old 08-25-2004, 10:22 AM

Default RE: Walmart deer stand, good deal??

If it is the same stand as you see in the catalogs...then what is the dilema? If anything, it may be last year's model. Also, be sure it is approved by TMA...

If all of that checks out...i say get 'em. A stand is a stand...whether you get raked over the coals at a local pro shop or if you get it on blue-light special at wally-world...
Old 08-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

For that price go for it.
I use Gorilla stands and IMO they are great.

What I would do tho is take the chain off and put a ratchet strap on. makes it a little quiter when packing it in
Old 08-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw that same one at wally world. I couldn't believe it but I guess it is true. I may be picking up a couple this weekend. I have a few of their stands and have been very happy with them so far. And as far as I can tell they are the same as the ones at cabelas.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:24 AM

I saw them there and planned on getting one. Went back and they were gone. Went back a week later and they were there again. Got one, it's already hung and I'm planning on hunting it tomorrow night (crop damage permit).

It's big, comfy and I like the linemans rest. I'll let you know how it does.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

just do your research and if its a quailty stand for a great price go for it.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:01 PM

I like gorilla stands and you can't beat the price. I say go for it, it's a pretty good deal espically this time of season
Old 08-25-2004, 01:44 PM

I have heard a couple of people say to change out the chain with a ratchet strap. Besides the quiter haul into the timber, are there any advantage to switching the chain? It would seem you would be losing strength.

Thanks

Steve
Old 08-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

i have a baby gorilla stand and love it. galyans used to sell them for around 50 bucks, not sure if they still do. i also love cabelas hang on stands with removable brackets. i gave mine to my brother in law but might get another.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:50 AM

Well I checkout out the local market, checked online, and decided to get the stand. I printed out the sheet and went to Walmart to pick 2 of them up. When I got to the register they rang up as $75 instead of $69.82 as posted in the store. After arguing with the cashier she gave me on at that price and one at an additional $3 off. So I did OK.

Apparently Walmart has been reading my posts

Steve

Quick Reply: Walmart deer stand, good deal??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.