Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone here do any dart shooting?

Old 08-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default Anyone here do any dart shooting?

Have any of you done any dart shooting? I did it for the first time up in Carlysle lake the other day at a shop I can't remember the name of (sorry, someone on here probably knows the name). Great shop! My bad memory has nothing to do with the shop.

Anyway... That dart shooting is some fun stuff! Just wondered who else on here has got to do that.

In case someone is not familiar with the concept or knows it by a different name this is what you do. Go into the place that has this available and you will have to change tips on your arrows to these "dart" tips. Only they aren't like throwing dart tips, they have a blunt round tip on them about the size of a nickel. So you then you go into this room with your "darted" arrows and your bow. Your in a room with a white screen at the end and the screen (at least where I was) is 20 yards away. When it starts you see a movie with various animals start to play on that screen. The movie is linked to a computer and the screen is a big net that senses where you arrow lands. You get more points the better kill you put on the animal on the screen.

Make sense? Anyway it's a load of fun and I drove 1 hour to get there! I'm going to happily do it again!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 07:10 PM

Default RE: Anyone here do any dart shooting?

Its Great isn't it, at my local Pro shop we have a league and i am the defending champ, i am basically addicted to and shoot it atleast once a week.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

Where i am from we call it techno hunting and it is the $&!^!!
Old 08-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot it a couple times at Buckstop archery in Brownstown. It's a blast. Me and a few buddies usually try to go down at least once in the summer and shoot it for awhile.