Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow

Old 08-22-2004, 09:17 AM

Default New Bow

I finally bought a new bow yesterday. My old one was just getting to be awful. I bought a 2004 Jennings Strike Force. I was going to buy a Reflex excursion, but liked this one much better. It was the smoothest solo cam i tried. And i tried quite a few. Can't wait to shoot some more today.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Bow

Congratulations on the new toy!!

I hope it serves you well.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:39 PM

I'm glad you like it! I just purchased the reflex buckskin and I LOVE shooting it! It's smooth and quite and lite weight. Enjoy your new bow.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, I just got a new Fred Bear Pro Master Compound Bow with
Extras, Realtree HD Hardwoods Camo IBO is 302 F.P.S. in June noting major compared to the Mathews, PSE's etc., but it works for me. And who knows by christmas I can ask santa for that Outback!!

I can now past down my older bow to my eldest son and get him involved in shooting. I hate to retire it, but you know the saying there's only 2 guarantees in life Change!! and then Death.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:47 PM

I was going to wait untill next spring to buy a new bow. But my old Bear Whitetail legend didn't have another year left in it. The groups have opened up to 8" at ten yards. And at twenty yards I was lucky to hit the target. I was just tired of dumping money into something that would never be what i wanted it to be. I stayed away from looking at the Mathews, Bowtech, and Ar bows. I couldn't afford them, and needed something that would work. I just bought my wife a new slug gun, and didn't want to drain the savings account too much. This bow fits the bill nicely.
ATA 36"
Weight 3.5#
Let off 75%
IBO 304 fps
brace height 7.5"