Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much does a butcher charge?

Old 08-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default How much does a butcher charge?

For those of you who dont process a deer yourself, (I'm not going to, dont have the right area or stuff) How much does a butcher charge?
Old 08-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much does a butcher charge?

I've always done my own, but I also help a friend who does it on the side for extra $$$.

He gets $50 just to skin it, cut and wrap steaks and roasts. He separates the meat for grinding, if wanted, but doesn't do that for the $50. He will grind and package for an extra $15.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have a garage? you could hang him up and butcher it in the lol but i took mine to the butcher a couple years back and think he charged me like 95$ for steaks, jerkey, slim jims, and some other stuff. now i just do it myself unless i want slims jims, i make my own jerkey
Old 08-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

45 to 65 dollars here depending on how you bring it in and how you want it processed. Plus it is extra for sausage and smoking. I just do my own and make my own sausage, and I built a smokehouse that I can do a whole deer in if I wanted.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

The guy in our town charges $75. Cut, wraped, froze.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

basic cuts used to run like 35 here.....but since we get to shoot ALOT more deer each year now the butchers take advantage of it and jacked the prices.....we are paying like 100bucks a deer......but we get alot of specialty meats made....kilbasa...sausage...bologna.....all kinds of stuff like that......if we got all of our deer just basic cut..steaks chops ground meat....we wouldnt eat as much.....but we love our special meats.....and take about 4 deer a year between me and dad.....it last us a good while......we still have some special meat left.....not much...we are down to the wire....but we got some left..........cant wait to stock the freezer!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:21 AM

AROUND HERE BUCTHER CHARGES $50.00 FOR ROAST, STEAKS,HAMBURGS,EXTRA FOR SAUSAGE,OR SMOKING. THATS WHY I DO MY OWN NOW. IT DOSNT TAKE MUCH, FOR A BEGGINER ALL YOU NEED IS A CLEAN PLACE ,2 SHARPE KNIFES, AND A BOOK OR VIDEO ON HOW TO DO IT.. ITS FAIRLY EASY, I JUST CUT STEAKS,ROAST, AND STEW MEAT.I FEEL YOU GET MORE MEAT IF YOU DO IT YOURSELF. CAUSE YOUR MORE TEDIOUSWE YOU ARE DOING IT!!!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

45$ last year...wouldn't be suprised if they go up this year. But that covered skinning, cut , wraped & frozen, included hamburger ground & pkg. also.

Specialities like "Summer Sausage" are extra, I have forgotten how much extra.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

A good Butcher in my area of NY cost about $60. If you want sausage it is an extra $1 per pound (mixed with pork).
Old 08-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do my own but an accaintance of mine took his deer in last year along with his wifes deer and when he went to go pick it up, the butcher told him there wasn't very much meat because the shoulders were blown off. My friend said both of his deer were shot behind the shoulder and he was actually given someone esles deer and had to pay $75.00 ea. If you don't know how to process deer, I suggest in investing in a meat grinder that you can get through Cabelas or Bass pro for a $100.00, money well spent. Bobby

Quick Reply: How much does a butcher charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.