Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Draw Length question

Old 08-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Draw Length question

A friend of mine just bought a new Jennings it's a shorter axle to axle than her Golden Eagle Splitfire but it's the same draw length,now she thought that her draw length was too long on the splitfire because she was getting wrist slap .The Jenning's is apparently the same draw length but she doesn't get wrist slap.Now I figure that the Axle to axle might have been the problem and not the draw length . Now the arrow's that she used for her Splitfire are too short for the Jenning's so now I'm thinking that how could the draw length be the same if the arrow's on her other bow are too short, and maybe the problem was that the draw length on the Splitfire was too short and not too long .She has used all the same setup on the Jenning's that she had on the Splitfire .Do you's think that she would get wrist slap from a too short of draw and it was not in fact too long. I hope I've explained this right .
Old 08-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Draw Length question

Most likely they arent the same true draw length. Have her draw it back and measure both bows. Draw lengths are actually like IBO speeds.. Rarely truely accurate. It also may be because of the different grip styles.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Is the brace height longer, or higher or whatever? I would think this would matter most.
I know for me it did. I got a different bow this spring & the brace height is less than my old one & I whacked myself a few times when I started shooting it.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would also say that with the new bow has a bigger brace height and that is why she is not experiencing the arm slap. it is also possible the draw length on the new bow is a little less than what the old bow had so she is getting more bend in her bow arm.