Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why are my arrows flying like crap?

Old 08-19-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Why are my arrows flying like crap?

I am shooting a Reflex Gamegetter with 27 inch draw, about 65# draw weight. I shoot 28 inch CX Terminator Hunter arrows with 3 4 inch feathers and 100 grain tips through a WB rest. I have tried straight helical and left and both had my arrows fling like crap. The back end like swings in circles and the front stays about the same. What do I need to do to fix this? Any ideas would be appriciated. Thanks for your time.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:33 PM

Default RE: Why are my arrows flying like crap?

Maybe your vanes are hitting your rest.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:46 PM

Is this a new setup or did you just start to encounter this problem? It could be a number of things. If its not a contact problem you could try to tune in your bow by visiting easton archery's website and using their guide to tune your arrow. Its a good tool to use.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll guarantee that the fletcings are hitting that rest!

I have an idea you centershot and/or nock height is out of whack.....basically your bow isn't tuned. Follow Legacy's advice and go to Easton's site and download that Tuning Guide. It will guide you through tuning your bow and you'll learn the necessary procedures to acheive proper flight. I recommend paper tuning and then broadhead tuning as per Easton's guide. Good luck!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

what part of him using a whisker biscuit dont u understand. it is physically impossible to not have fletching contact.

sorry i just had to poke fun at u
Old 08-19-2004, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Shootem up870

what part of him using a whisker biscuit dont u understand. it is physically impossible to not have fletching contact.

sorry i just had to poke fun at u
First of all, Whisker Biscuits are garbage. Second of all, how would I of known that he has a whisker buscuit or not.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: reflexkid

, how would I of known that he has a whisker buscuit or not.
The original post says he uses a WB rest....But hey I'm on your side I didn't realize what he meant, either!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:51 AM

Mossberg-It sounds like your problem could be the way your arrows are nocked. Use a T-square that attaches to your bow string to make sure that the nock is within the measurements on the T-square. This should make your arrows straight, and hopefully help them fly right. By the way, I have a WB and I love it. It is not a piece of crap, so do not change your rest. I do not believe that is the problem.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bedisides the advise given above, also make sure your form is as good as possible

Keep a loose consistant grip
Smooth release, don't punch
Consistant Anchor
Follow through the shot
Old 08-20-2004, 07:14 AM

I have tried straight helical and left and both had my arrows fling like crap.
I'm by no means an authority on the WB as I don't shoot one but wouldn't you want straight vanes if you're shooting a WB. I just can't see how a Helical fletched arrow could possible clear a wb without major flight problems.

Dose anyone out there shoot a helical through a WB?

Quick Reply: Why are my arrows flying like crap?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.