Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else worried about TIW

Old 08-19-2004, 07:00 AM

Default RE: Anyone else worried about TIW

I've been a government employee for the last 17 years so I'm setting on 4 weeks of vacation right now so time off to hunt is never a problem for me.
I've got to get me one of those goverment jobs. sounds like a great place to work.

I definately don't have enough TIW. Al least the extended season starts on the 11th of September and until the clocks change for daylight savings I still get in good afternoon hunts. I'll probably get 3 or 4 vacation days durring the season combined with weekends. This season I'll be hunting in New Hampshire so I can hunt Sundays. This will probably nearly double the hours I get to spend on stand.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

In theory, I have 16 saved that I could take off for hunting. I'll probably take 10-12 of those days. I'll also be able to hunt about 3 eves a week before the time change and a few mornings a week after it. I'm not too worried about getting out there.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

well fella's, i know what you mean but if i cant go hunting the stuff is going to hit the roof!!! I work at a college now, and got away from the army recruiting for awile, hunting season and all, plus this war isnt helping any.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have been saving the vacation days for this fall. I am planning on 12-15 days off plus weekends.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:07 AM

I worry about it 25-7[>:]

Full time Job during the day..................Off to my Pro shop at night and weekends............................

Gonna hunt less this year than I have in 15 yrs[:'(]..............Can barely get out to scout....................

Thank God for scentlock...........gonna need it.............
Old 08-19-2004, 08:13 AM

Here in the north east we don't start hunting until the middle of October... so I will take 1 full week in the Middle of October and 1 full week in the middle of November.... plus weekends and maybe some morning / afternoons as time will allow...
Old 08-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope!
Old 08-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I worry about it too....

Computer programmer, Unix systems admin, retired US Coast Guard.
Also oversee Unix servers in Richmond, VA, and also Phoenix, AZ, and Minneapolis, MN by remote!

The last few years my daughters were in high school marching band were tough.... I was on the band boosters and the "webmaster" for the band's website too. Not only that, I was the main "roadie" for the equipment rental truck too. It was extremely tough to get time to hunt the last few years! [&o]

NOW.... My daughters graduated, and are going to college at the local C.C. in town. My weekends are now going to be finally, finally, FINALLY, FREE! {knock on wood}

Butch A.