Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a brief history in hunting.

Old 08-17-2004, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default a brief history in hunting.

I am writing this to get reactions from my fellow hunters.

When it all began animals branched two ways some evolved or were created to search for food, while others decided they had an advantage and could prey on smaller, slower, or sometimes less intelligent animals.

I think we can all agree on that.

Through time all animals have either been predator or prey and sometimes both. Some animals weren’t good enough at their chosen profession and they became extinct. Nature was harsh on many species and natural disasters ended the lives of many animals. Nature doesn’t play games or kill for sport as some people accuse us of. And since we are undeniably part of nature it is thus impossible for us to kill for sport. We are by nature hunters and gatherers and however we play that role out it is justified simply because that is our natural M.O.

My theory is that the structure of how we are allowed to hunt is a major cause for concern by anti-hunters. We are given a season and a bag limit. In most states this bag limit is simply not enough for us to sustain a healthy life for our family year round. Due to the large number of humans it is impossible to do so without wiping entire ecosystems. It a double edged sword:
On one side we don’t want to over consume and have a negative effect on our wildlife’s ability to regenerate itself.
On the other we still have the natural urge to hunt and fulfill our part in the food chain.
Because we can’t support our families all year on deer meat, the anti's decide that it is a non justified venture. It really is an issue of perspective.
Because we were forced to place restrictions on the seasons and bag limits it becomes a spot in many peoples minds.
To these people I ask:

Would it still be sporting if decided to forego the law and act as a purely natural predator and lived strictly off the land? It would be impossible for them to deny that that is most certainly not sporting. Again back to my point, I 'm not allowed to do that!

by rights anti's should hate all predators without prejudice.

Sorry this is a rant that was not all that well thought out but I was a little unnerved by some of the BS from anti's.

Since the anti’s made very distasteful slogans here are a few funny ones I just made up.

Stop the wholesale slaughter of plants! Kill a herbivore!

Save a plant eat a deer!

Save a deer feed and anti to the coyote's

Ohh well back to work.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: a brief history in hunting.

And on the 13th day, God said, "Things runneth too smoothly. Let there be turmoil and loudmouthed stupidity." And Lo! PETA ariseth from the dungheap.

[8D]

Frankly, I've been aware for quite some time that a substantial portion of the human population is devolving into lower life forms. Amazing how they've all been sucked into the Democratic Party, but that's beside the point. We are the product of our past. Our ancestors were hunter gatherers. Then they became ranchers and farmers. Our brain capacity is due entirely to the high protien MEAT diet our ancestors ate. Makes sense to me that vegetarians have limited intellectual capacity when you consider things in that light. That's why they say such silly things! Those poor folks need to be forcefed a few hamburgers! Straighten 'em right out.

I like the bumper sticker I saw that said something to the effect, "My ancestors didn't scratch and claw their way to the top of the food chain just so I could eat lettuce."
Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 AM

I like the bumper sticker I saw that said something to the effect, "My ancestors didn't scratch and claw their way to the top of the food chain just so I could eat lettuce."

Thats a good one. If you can find where to get one, let me know.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:30 AM

Have you seen this bumper sticker?

Has a picture of a guy at full draw and says.

Blunt a Democrat
Old 08-17-2004, 09:15 AM

And on the 13th day, God said, "Things runneth too smoothly. Let there be turmoil and loudmouthed stupidity." And Lo! PETA ariseth from the dungheap.
I couldn't have said it better myself