Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Adjust while you climb Climber = What a dream!

Old 08-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Adjust while you climb Climber = What a dream!

Not ready to give up my loggy.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be interested if buying one if the made one that didn't face the tree
I think you can turn it around. It says you can hunt either way:

The moveable seat cushion in Mossy Oak’s New Break-Up pattern allows you to hunt facing the tree or back to the tree.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP... the seat is multi positional. YOu can face the tree, set with your back to the tree and even put it at a slight angle on the top section for leaning back in a half standing position. Changes in a second when you get in the tree. Very comfy seat compared to most. Pricy... but very stable.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

How easy is it to adjust the thing when you're climbing?
Old 08-16-2004, 07:36 PM

The top interlocks over the bottom to form a tight package. They are tied together by a cinch strap. The backpacking straps are VERY comfortable and adjust easily. A pull of the thumbs on the strap loops loosens the straps so that getting the stand off is a breeze.

The seat is easily and totally removeable. It has tie-down rubber loops that wrap around the frame. You can climb with the seat in the shown position. You can reverse it, once you get up the tree, to face away from the tree. It is possible, as Davidmil said, to put the seat on the angle frame to lean against the tree. Or, you can do as I did last night and remove the seat entirely. I hung it on a hook and stood with my back against the tree. And, if you're in a sitting position facing the tree, it slides out for about 4" for a personal comfort level.

It also comes with a full body safety harness. Finally, it's hard to see, but it comes with two straps that connect the upper section to the lower section. When you get to your desired height, you tighten these straps and the whole stand just locks to the tree. When you're standing on the base, extra tension is put on the top which makes it lock to the tree so that you can lean against the top without any movement. This feature is one of the design criteria that really sold me on these new Buckshot stands.

BTW, the adjustments are made via cranks on both the top and bottom. You must/should take tension off whatever section you want to adjust. Last night, when I wanted to change the angle of the top, I just stood on the bottom and turned the top crank. It was VERY quiet. When I wanted to adjust the bottom, I sat on the top and lifted my feet to just a slight amount of pressure on my toes. The bottom crank was as easy and as quiet.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I re-looked at it and for a two piece stand it looks great but what does it look like straped to your back? It looks bulky before you add on the back pack. Dave, Len do you have a picture of it broken down?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:51 PM

I have adjusted my Summit Goliath many times while up a tree. Takes a little creativity but I am can do it now rather quickly...........having the top and bottom tied together is a must for that trick though
Old 08-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Typical Buck

$100 more than a Summit Viper XLS?

Seems a little expensive to me add in all those moving, squeaking, falling off and getting lost parts and I think I'm sticking with my Viper. I can adjust it while climbing and I've never needed to do that more than once per trip up or down.