Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How high are your expectations set this fall?

Old 08-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How high are your expectations set this fall?

im holding out for my first bow kill. but i am aiming for a buck. any buck would be great. i have been seeing lots of them around my stand the last 2 months
Old 08-16-2004, 03:45 PM

A smiley for my limit. One 12 pt. buck affectionatley known as BULLWINKLE that I have located his swamp hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two DMP does to thin our herd and fill the freezer. Most importantly, spending some time with my boy, Joe. That alone always makes my hunts very special to me.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm hoping for very good result's this fall since the buck I was hunting last season is still in the area . I can't wait to get started ,I'll start out this season in Sept on the archery moose hunt for a tune up to this season's deer hunt.

nubo
Old 08-16-2004, 05:54 PM

Well this will be my first time hunting out of new england. im going to southern IL. i am very excited. i have only seen a couple 150 class critters here in N.H with my bow. im looking forward to seeing and hunting somthing different. don't get me wrong i love hunting here in N.H the solitude is great, not much bowhunting presure here plenty of bear and moose sightings between deer. i hope IL. is everything i'v read about wish me luck ..skina
Old 08-17-2004, 09:02 AM

My prospect are looking good. I can shoot a bunch of does ( in Maine durring the extended archery season I can shoot as many as I buy tags for, In NH I can buy an additional antlerless tag for archery in addition to a buck in either state) to fill my freezer and wait for the buck of my choice. So far I haven't seen the buck of my choice so it may be all doe. We'll see. I won't shoot a small buck just to say I got a buck though. I'm planning on passing anything under 120"
Old 08-17-2004, 09:14 AM

I want to kill my first deer with a bow this year!! I am putting in the time to get it done. Vacation time is already scheduled and room is made in the freezer

Steve
Old 08-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is interesting to see what everyones shooting for
Old 08-17-2004, 08:12 PM

I plan on waiting until december 1 to shoot any bucks that wont make P&Y. i know what i have to work with, so i dont want to waste a tag when i know for sure there is a 150 incher and and possibly 3 more his size. i plan on spending some time just hunting does, just so i can get more experience shooting deer witha bow. I would shoot a small buck but since i know there are several wall hangers, i want to hold out.

slayer