Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lost a friend

Old 08-13-2004, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Lost a friend

As a Disabled Vet my heart and prayers go out to family and friends of that brave solider.
You will be in the prayers and hearts of many .
Old 08-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Words cannot express the feelings I have when I hear about fellas like Mike. There is no doubt that they are giving us future freedom that we might not have if it were not for their brave actions!!!

I will remember mike's family & friends in my prayers!!!

So sorry
Old 08-13-2004, 09:36 PM

Just to add a note to everybody else's responses, please pass along my sympathy to Mike and his loved ones. Thank God for people like him.
God Bless.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that! His family is in my prayers!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too have lost good friends over their since this whole thing started..........however some of those kids i enlisted in the marine corps when they were just pups. I still talk to there families and go and see them, god bless all of his loved ones.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:43 PM

My condolences...Mike's loved ones will be kept in my prayers. After all, this is the least I can do for a man that fought for this great country. If it weren't for him and many others, who knows, we might not even be able to bowhunt. Take care!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

i am so sorry to hear of this....his family and friends will definately be in my thoughts and prayers......he's at peace now, God bless him.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I salute him and his family for the sacrafice to keep us free. I didn't see if he had kids but he does have a wife, Sean Hannity has been holding freedom concerts to raise funds for our fallen heros. This is for assistance to the families and help with college tuition. I'm not sure where to start with this but his web site is:

www.hannity.com

God bless
Old 08-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry for the loss. A big salute to him and all of the brave men and women serving.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

God Bless America

N.J. soldier dies in Najaf fight

New York Daily News
BY LEO STANDORA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

An Armed Forces commander from New Jersey has been killed in the U.S. offensive against militants in the Iraqi city of Najaf.
Capt. Michael Yury Tarlavsky, 30, of Passaic, died in a hail of small-arms fire Thursday as he led Iraqi police trainees in a fight with militants who had blown up a school, authorities said yesterday.

Tarlavsky's mother, Rimma, said the family came to the U.S. from Israel when her son was only 5, "but no one loved this country more than Michael did. He was proud of America and he was was proud of his men." Being notified of her son's death "was like having your heart ripped out. I can't describe the pain," she said.

She said her daughter-in-law, Tricia, a former Army captain herself who married Michael just two years ago, was too distraught to talk. The couple have an 11-month-old son, and had just bought their own house.

"Michael E-mailed us earlier this week," the mother said through tears. "He asked about my health and said he was so sorry he wasn't here to see his little boy's first steps."

Tarlavsky, who graduated from Clifton High School and got his bachelor's degree from Rutgers, "did triathlons and marathons for fun."

She said his last marathon was in New York last year.

The proud soldier was just three weeks into his second tour in Iraq. He also fought in Afghanistan.

Yesterday, U.S. forces announced a halt to their offensive in Najaf against renegade cleric Moqtada al-Sadr and his Mehdi Army. Aides to al-Sadr said he was prepared to disarm his followers if Americans withdraw from the Shiite holy city and his fighters are granted amnesty.

The negotiations brought a halt to nine days of clashes, after al-Sadr's aides said he suffered minor shrapnel wounds to the face, chest and shoulder yesterday near the shrine of the Imam Ali Mosque, where many of his militants were hiding.

The U.S. military said it suspended offensive operations because of the talks. "We are allowed to engage the enemy only in self-defense and long enough to break contact," said U.S. Maj. Bob Pizzitola. "That was a blanket order for everybody."

Quick Reply: Lost a friend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.