Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you know if fletchings are hitting rest?

Old 08-14-2004, 10:52 AM

Default RE: How do you know if fletchings are hitting rest?

Hey legacy22, That is exactly what is happening to me! It has always worked great for me, and not I had a new string and cables and peep sight put on, and a limb-save stabilizer, and I just got it sighted in pretty good, and then thats when I noticed it acting weird. I thought maybe the limb saver stabilizer and string leeches took too much shock out for the trap door to trigger quickly. I will have to play with it some more. I may see if I can turn the arrows so that the fletchings don't hit, but I am tempted to just get a new rest. I will let you know.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:50 PM

I thought that my rest looked like it had a tint of green on it (from green fletching) but I'm not positive,
If you think it has a touch of green on it it probabley does. Usually a vane will start to curl if it is hitting something. the lipstick will tell you for sure. I use a red pinkish color. goes good with my brown eyes I've been told..
Old 08-14-2004, 08:10 PM

Great way for testing - lipstick on the rest.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:43 AM

I tried the lipstick trick on sunday for about 12 shots and the lipstick on the rest never got touched. it seemed to be shooting better, but every once and a while I would get an arrow that goes wild, Im pretty sure its not me, I always feel pretty stable, but I guess I will work on it some more. The arrows that are off are ALWAYS to the right. I don't know if that means anything. I am right handed.