Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Bowhunters Ghillie Suit

Old 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM

Default The Bowhunters Ghillie Suit

For you bowhunters that are serious about your success, I strongly encourage you to check out Spectre Camouflage's mini cloak and full cloak at www.spectrecamodesigns.com. The Spectre Cloaks are designed by bowhunters for bowhunters and feature a no frills design that wont interfere with the shot unlike many other ghillie or 3-D patterns. The Spectre Cloaks can even come equipped with a scent suppressing liner made from Abscent scent retaining cloth. The Spectre full or mini cloak with the Abscent liner offers you the ultimate in concealment, at a reasonalbe price.

The first time I wore the Spectre Full Cloak prototype into the woods for "testing", I shot the biggest buck of my life (8 pt., 250 lbs.) from the ground at only ten yards away!! It is truly amazing what the bowhunter can accomplish when their shape/silhouette is broken up with a Spectre Camouflage Full Cloak or Mini Cloak.

The Full Cloak ($200.00), weighs less than 3.5 lbs in its storage sack, and is designed for the average to above average sized individual, while the Mini Cloak ($150.00), weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs., is great for women and younger individuals. They are both a poncho-like design which leaves the arms uncovered to allow for string clearance, and feature an attached hood with vegetation loops and securing strap, 2-3 velcro side fasteners, a stuff sack, and organic camouflaging materials which will not reflect light. The camouflaging materials are sewn onto the garment by professionals using industrial sewing machines. Spectre Camouflage Designs offers the serious hunter affordable quality.

bowhunters ghillie
Old 08-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Bowhunters Ghillie Suit

Hmmm - another product pimp huh??? Whoda thunk it?

His profile reads WWW.SPECTRECAMODESIGNS.COM as his homepage.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:18 AM

Yep seems the internet whores are everywhere pimping thier produts now.
whats going on? must be the start of deer season or somethin.

wonder how much it is.

Gees you would think these internet pimps would at least inculde the price. I mean if your going to advertise you might as well cover all the bases. the other reason is, I ain't clicking on your web site to find out.

Just another critique of internet whore advertiseing.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:33 AM

Check the link to find out what the blair witch truly looks like. For 200 bucks, i'd sooner let my hair grow and die it camo. Pimp that
Old 08-12-2004, 09:43 AM

Nope too lazy to click on the link. The pimps have got to get the rules straight.
rule number one, don't tell me you are trying to inform me.
rule number two, include a picture not a link. I am to lazy to click on your link. If you want my money cater to me.
Rule three, include the price.
Rule four, tell me my discouted price. after all, no one charged you for the advertisement so you should not have to charge as much for your product.
Rule five. Don't over do it like most internet pimps do.

Ps i already have two guilly suits, I bought them from manufactures that have never pimped thier product on any forum. something you might want to consider.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:46 AM

Try it out, you might like it! Try thinkin outside the box. Happy huntin'
Old 08-12-2004, 09:57 AM

Nope, you must not have read the rules, i don't see a picture and I don't see my discounted price. still to lazy to click on your link.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:24 AM

I have yet to see a ghillie suit that impresses me. I think the whole idea is a bit lame. They are an attempt at giving the appreance of loose and separate peices of vegetation, but if you take 10 steps back and look all you see is a solid blob with a few strings attached. They don't blend any better than the standard issue camo. Look at the pics on that website. It hardly blends AT ALL! Isn't blending the whole point?
Old 08-12-2004, 10:35 AM

Nope the whole point of a guilly suit is to break up your human outline shape as far as deer are concerned. I appear as a bush when I am sitting in mine. Not that I'm blending in with anything I just appear as a bush. Now if I want to blend, I tie on surrounding vegeation. cut a branch off a tree with the leaves and tie it on my suit. before ya know it I'm blending.

have to be careful you don't get stuff in the way. I had to do a lot of triming on the suit before I could get to my anchor point. I had to make sure stuff wasn't in the way when I release the arrow also.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

product pimps never get anywhere with us!!!!!!! i love these guys....it takes guts...please buy my fake ghille suit.....please join my hunting club and pay us to hunt public land.....one way to trick us is get that out of your profile and post a few hundred tries....then convince us you used it by telling a story about when you used it......then we might believe you a bit more.....but i doubt you even OWN one.......

bagginbigguns.....youve never seen a real military ghille suit then have you?? i know a guy that has a bunch of them and was trained to make them.....man he can disappear....they are alot better then the store bought ones....but his really impressed me.....i kinda laughed when he put it on....and thought hed look like a blob......but he was 10 foot away against a tree......and if he wasnt smoking a cigarette i would NEVER seen him......then he laid down in the hay field and just disappeared....it was pretty amazing.......but the real ones work pretty dang good

Quick Reply: The Bowhunters Ghillie Suit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.