Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

are the expensive tree stands worth it??

Old 08-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: are the expensive tree stands worth it??

I'm with Rob on this one. Comfort is key.

So, paying the price for a API baby grand or a Summit Viper XL, both of which are my favorite hanging and climbing stands is worth every penny. Very comfortable and I feel safe in both.

Kelly
Old 08-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bees:

I am a good friend of mine.
LOL I would hope so !!!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:41 PM

my local shop has a $40 fixed stand. I took a look at it. It looks like a $40 stand!! They also have nice API and Summit stands. It is crazy to think about paying top dollar for a bow, camo, scents, and taking time off of work to save a couple of 20's on a stand that is so uncomfortable I can't stand sitting in it!! 2-300 bucks for some of those climbers is pretty pricey though!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:36 PM

I have a Brutus Pro Staff Aluminum that was a little pricey, but it will last me a life time and it's very comfortable.You definitely get what you pay for.Go for quality when your purchasing something.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friends dad makes hang on stands out of wood for 20 bux and they only weigh 15lbs. They aren't exactly comfortable for an all day sit but if you put a cushion on them and maybe made the seat bigger you could. Also if anybody takes one its no big deal because it was only 20 bux and he has over 20 of them. I would just buy cheap hang ons and bring a seat pad for them. When it comes to climbers go all out. I had some $200 dollar climbers that just didn't cut it and I finally went with one that costs 350 and was well worth it. It will last me a life time and it will never get stolen so it was worth the money.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Comfortwise? Absolutely! Portability? Absolutely! If you don't sit in them very long or don't move them around after you put them up probably not.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:42 PM

i would say yeah cause u get what u pay for but im broke so i just built my own
Old 08-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with spending the buck's for top of the line equipment, I in the past have gone the other way just to find out that the particular piece of equipment is not what I was looking for .My bowshop has cheaper brands and usually try to talk me out of paying the cash for the better equipment and try selling me what they have in stock along the cheaper line .
but when you plan on spending countless hours in a treestand you want to be comfortable for the duration .I sold my old climber that I got for cheap because it made noises that were unwanted and it just wasn't comfortable to sit in for long periods of time,I also didn't feel safe .I couldn't sit in this stand for any more than a couple of hours .This time I'm going to buy a Summit Cobra or Viper or maybe even a Goliath because it will give me the comfort and quality that I need . You pay for what you get ,I'd definetly pay once and to be happy,than twice just to learn a lesson. buy the good one and shell out the extra dollars.

nubo