Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

An obsession to hunting. A few tips?

Old 02-26-2002, 06:11 PM

Default RE: An obsession to hunting. A few tips?

I know the owner of Wilcox (Tom Wilcox). I live right by there. Where did you used to live? I can see the shipyard from my house. My grandparents, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins live in Patterson Hts. Well, anyway, I will do that. Tom gives me good deals. We know each other pretty good. Thanks,

Buddy Stippich
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey VA Hunter take your bow and go to a pro shop like Wilcox Bait and Tackle on Jefferson Ave. In case you haven't guessed I used to live in Newport News. there are some great rests and sights on the market, its going to be a matter of choice but take your time and get whats right for you. Some of the pro shops will put them on your bow and let you try them.

Don't get discouraged about not getting anything yet. Just keep hunting and sooner or later you will conect.

God Bless & Good Hunting
LM/NAHC
Member NRA
Member P&Y CLUB
Member QDMA
Member Ducks Unlimited
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 02-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2002, 05:43 AM

I to have a 31&quot; draw. I use a NAP pro 1000 rest. Very easy to adjust and you only need one wrench. I like it much better than my old TM Hunter. I also picked up a Tru-Glo Lite site. I like the different size pins. It is easier to keep the yardage straight. I added a PSE light to it as well.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:16 PM

I did have a tru glo lite sight but I didn't like it because you couldn't adjust each pin from left to right. I have an older bow. It doesn't have an overdraw, therefore I can't use anything like a tm hunter.
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I to have a 31&quot; draw. I use a NAP pro 1000 rest. Very easy to adjust and you only need one wrench. I like it much better than my old TM Hunter. I also picked up a Tru-Glo Lite site. I like the different size pins. It is easier to keep the yardage straight. I added a PSE light to it as well.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 02-28-2002, 11:43 AM

I used to live on Bellwood Rd. just off of Jefferson Ave. by Preston Carberation. My inlaws still live in Hampton. We were just there over the holidays. So I guess you probably go to Warick High. I went to Menchville and my wife went to Bethel. I used to do bussines with Tom also but its been a long time about 10 years.

God Bless & Good Hunting
LM/NAHC
Member NRA
Member P&Y CLUB
Member QDMA
Member Ducks Unlimited
Old 02-28-2002, 01:08 PM

I will be going to Wilcox soon do you want me to minsion your name? What is it? I accually go to Heritage High. It's is a fairly new school if you haven't heard about it. I am a sophomore. Heritage has been the for about 5 years now, maybe 6.
I used to live on Bellwood Rd. just off of Jefferson Ave. by Preston Carberation. My inlaws still live in Hampton. We were just there over the holidays. So I guess you probably go to Warick High. I went to Menchville and my wife went to Bethel. I used to do bussines with Tom also but its been a long time about 10 years.

God Bless & Good Hunting
LM/NAHC
Member NRA
Member P&Y CLUB
Member QDMA
Member Ducks Unlimited