Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about a loose top wheel

Old 08-10-2004, 11:43 PM

Default Question about a loose top wheel

First a little background. This last winter I picked up a new/used bow that someone was going to loose to the pawnshop. Well I have been shooting it so far this spring and even though its a little better bow the my Alpine I really dont like it. Well I hooked up my uncle with it (he really needs a new bow). I did take some of the stuff off of it like the sights and quiver, they were alot better then what I had.

Well today was the first day that I have been able to shoot that bow. And it felt a little "rough" I guess but that could be me since I have been shooting the other bow. Well I am just about done and I was looking at the wheels and the top wheel has a lean to it. So I grab onto it and I can make it swival from side to side (kind of like a teader todder) just a bit maybe about an 1/8" or so.

It kind of made me worry so I stopped shooting. If anyone knows is this real bad or normal. The bow is about three years old. I am planning on taking it to the pro shop in the morning but figured I would ask here first.

Thanks a bunch,
Pinky

P.S this site rocks
Old 08-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about a loose top wheel

Sounds to me like the plastic bushings have been busted. I had a PSE where I took off the cam and the bushing literally was a powder and nothing left to it.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:17 AM

Thats kind of what I am thinking that is wrong. It did just get lubed up probally broke something loose
Old 08-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes , probably a bearing or bushing , which ever it has , and posably an axil allso .