Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ontario Moose

Old 08-11-2004, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Ontario Moose

We are heading up on 9/24 to Minaki airport to fly out with the "Outpost Company" outfitters. Ever heard of them? Any good.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never heard of them Black_wolf,was just wondering if you were near White River or WaWa.

moose man! send them on I'd love to see them bud.

Turk_man ,you must be right across the road from me in White River .On one side it's 21B and the other is 21A we turn right at the Domtar mill .Are you going up on the archery hunt or rifle? Let me know if we're there the same time I'll look you up when I'm there .Where are you from? Send me the specific's hopefully your there for bowhunting.

nubo
Old 08-11-2004, 06:56 PM

Hey Nubo.... did a fly in fishing deal last year out of White River onto Esnagi Lake. Damn good time. Marmac lodge I think it was. They do Moose hunts as well and I was thinking about giving it a go.

Ever hear of them? And any other suggestions on guides that won't break the bank. I really like the area.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that I know the outfitters your talking about and if it's the one I'm thinking of { Yellow Plane}then I have heard good thing's about them ,we pass them on our way in they are situated just outside white River is this correct?there also is one out of WaWa but I'm not sure of thier name but If you like i will find out what it is and try and get you a phone number .I love hunting in White River we've been very lucky there .I've been hunting there for about 12 yrs now and we know the area pretty well. I can also find out what other outfitters there are there if you like .There's only one that I know right in White River and it's run by a women and I wouldn't recommend her I've had a bad experience with her ,her name is Loraine.

nubo
Old 08-12-2004, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Mooseman,

I'd love to see those video clips! PM me and I'll get you my email address.
46 more days until we head out here in Manitoba, I hope this cool weather holds for another month or two.
I think I'm the only one around that loves this cold summer we're having.
Thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 06:28 AM

Cyrus,

PM sent.

Moose
Old 08-12-2004, 06:41 AM

We have a high of 64 today in Chicago area. I love it. Everyone else is whining about the cool temps, but it just gets me fired up for fall.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:04 AM

Thanks Nubo,
We flew out on White River Air into Esnagi Lake. One of the fishing guides did bear and moose as well. Nice guy and I kinda picked his brain...didn't have a lot of faith on taking one with a bow though.

I do like the area a lot. White River was very pretty. I can drive there in7-8 hrs fromm the Macinac Bridge as well which is nice. I wouldn't have to ship meat if I bring the truck.

I may email you asking a bazillion more questions if that's cool.

Taking a Moose with my bow...that IS my dream hunt.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

From area 40 (temagami) theres moose but those #$@% black bears have been doing a number on the calf pop. In our area there is also alot of white tail comming around. This has been over the last few years. But all in all its looking good here. Bulls call well in late Sept, 1st week of Oct.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Mooseman,

Sorry!! Can you try again. I haven't updated my email.

New one is [email protected].

Thanks again

Quick Reply: Ontario Moose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.