Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone know a youngster or lady needing some arrows?

Old 08-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone know a youngster or lady needing some arrows?

I cleaned out my archery boxes today and found 5 or 6 ICS hunter 500 arrows cut around 27". Since they are obviously too short and underspined for my setup, I figured I'd give them away to someone on here. Anyone out there want them? First one that asks, gets them free of charge
Old 08-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anyone know a youngster or lady needing some arrows?

Josh,
I know a great kid who would love those........I've been mentoring him for a few months now and his dad hasn't sprung for new arrows(he's using my 29" CX300's off a 24"/30# Bow. [:'(]
They fly Ok but I know he's itching for a flatter trajectory.
How much do you want for shipping?

Send me a PM and we'll take it from there if someone else hasn't already claimed them.

I don't have ANYTHING even close to give the kid as I pretty much came right out of the gate shooting 70#.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:47 PM

You guys are a couple of genuine people. Keep it up!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Know the feeling Matt.. Actually getting 80 lb limbs for the Liberty. Figure if I can handle it, might as well pull it. Which means I'll be giving away from PSE's soon I suppose. PM sent. [8D]
Old 08-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is one of the reason's I like this sight so much ,we have some great guy's on here just willing to help someone in need,what a great gesture .Way to go Josh and Matt.

nubo
Old 08-10-2004, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go Josh & Matt, see it's people like you guys that make bow hunting a brotherhood, I wish the best of hunting to you both this comming season, keep it up!!
Old 08-10-2004, 06:43 AM

[8D] I have 3 more kid size arrows that came with my sons first bow there in great shape who could use them there carbon came with a browning bow
Old 08-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arrows and a pm have been sent, Matt.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:28 PM

[8D] i still have the 3 that came with my sons browning who needs em
Old 08-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Josh, got it........

A little bit about this kid.......
He's 12yrs old nobody in his immediate family hunts or even shoots, but I have been helping his grandfather get back into bowhunting after 30yrs of not shooting a bow at all.

Well Steve (the 12yr old) was at his grandpa's house the first day I was there and was so excited with me shooting, that he had me shooting stuff out to 75 yards.Running around the yard with my block target.
He just couldn't believe it, jumping up and down cheering like it was a football game.

He asked his dad if he could get a bow so I helped out by getting him a Mathews Genesis and some arrows to borrow from my archery club.
He's a natural shooter.........just one of those rare kids, form was great right out of the box.
He was so hooked that he did his science fair project (without help) on.........get this!:
"Arrow technology and materials and their effects on penetration" [:-]

Well I think I sank the hook home for good with my next surprise for him. BowTech loaned me a Blackhawk2 for the sole purpose of helping out a kid eager to learn. He was so happy with the bow I thought he was going to cry.
His natural ability is just so far above a Mathews Genesis that I had to fix that situation.
So I fit him with a peep and a release and loaded the bow with accessories, and have been teaching him the finer points of shooting on weekends and he's honestly very good. .....especially for a beginner. Extremely eager to learn, and my god he listens!!![:-]
The only thing missing is the arrows. I have been letting him use my CX300's lightened up with 65gr heads but they are rediculous for that bow.

So that's why I wanted the ones that Josh has. He can use and abuse them and they will fly much flatter for his set-up.

So thanks Josh for the free arrow offer, and thanks to BowTech for taking a genuine interest in a good kid. I doubt anyone could appreciate it more than he does.
It's funny too.....I gave him a BowTech hat and some stickers , patches etc and he got in trouble the first night cause he stuck one on his mom's car.[8D]

Quick Reply: anyone know a youngster or lady needing some arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.