Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looked at a Bowtech a fews days ago

Old 08-07-2004, 03:28 PM

Default Looked at a Bowtech a fews days ago

While i was on vacation the last week we stopped at Mouldy's Archery and Tackle in Chippewa Falls to get some musky stuff(thats what i told dad) but i really wanted to look at bowtechs. we didnt have time for me to shoot one, but i checked out the Extreme VFT, Patriot Dually, Mighty Mite, and the Liberty. Smooth drawing bows they are. nice and light. but i think i would still take my Mathews. I hated the grips on the Bowtech's. Wayyyy too narrow for my liking. Looked at Archery Research at a different shop too. I wasn't real impressed. Ram and a half cams i think? i still like my LX better.

slayer
Old 08-07-2004, 03:30 PM

Default RE: Looked at a Bowtech a fews days ago

I agree with the handles on the Bowtechs. I just got my new bow a couple days ago and my hand is real sore where the bow sits. Im used to a big 'ol fat grip on my Alpine.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:40 PM

I actually like the super small grip on my Patty. I like to think that it keeps me from torqing the bow becuase I'm barely hanging on to it.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:06 PM

Love the grip on my mathews. The competition grip. I dont worry a whole lot about torquing...only two fingers on the bow most of the time and the heel of my hand.

slayer
Old 08-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Slayer - the LX is a great bow, I almost baught one. It was one of my last 4 choses. But I opted for the bow tech Patriot VFT. I liked the comp grip on the LX but coming from the mombo grips of my 1985 model Martin FireCat the Pariot fit me like a glove. I love the bowtech grips. Now the bow I did not like the grips on was the Hoyts. I Xtec and another bow and the grip was so small I felt like I was going to drop the bow.

I don't want to start a war here, I think Hoyt makes a great bow, Fast, quiet, smooth. It just wasn't for me.