Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Maybe I'm wrong on this arrow stuff....

Old 08-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Maybe I'm wrong on this arrow stuff....

I did learn one thing. I think I like aluminum arrows better than the carbons I've been shooting in my compound for the last 4 years. I hadn't shot my compound since my stand fell out from under me on a crop damage hunt a couple weeks ago. The arrow went one way, the bow the other and me crashing down onto the handclimber when the bottom fell out. Anyway, when I finished practicing with the recurve I decided to shoot the compound and test it. My practice arrows were in the basement so I decided to just sling a few of the recurve arrows through it. Quieter, better groups than I've been getting with the carbons. Although, shooting the recurve seems to have made me more solid with the compound.... but I think it's the arrows. May have to do some experimenting. Not only may they be better(for me)... they cost less.[&:]
Old 08-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maybe I'm wrong on this arrow stuff....

Definatly agree david pure alluminum are way better than pure carbon , its not even close . Alluminum will hit basicly the same spot , but carbons go where they want to .
Old 08-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've used carbons since I bought this bow 2 years ago and keep wanting to go back to aluminum. Pretty sure I will but am going to have to get moveing cause the season is comeing fast.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:57 PM

I am not a traditionalist when it comes to arrows. I have experimented with carbons, but I will hang with the aluminum, mounts that is...