Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my Grey Wolf Woolens clothing today!

Old 08-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got my Grey Wolf Woolens clothing today!

I finally got my order from Grey Wolf Woolens today. I ordered the Wolfskin pullover with comformax wind barrier and 200gram thinsulate and Wolfskin pants with jus the comformax. All in Predator Fall Brown.

First thing I have to say...WOW[:-]! Unbelievable quality. These guys seem very meticulous when putting this stuff together. Every seam is perfect. They use heavy duty zippers and snaps on everything. I had the knees and the seat of the pants doubled as well.

The fit of the jacket is absolutely awesome. He tailors it to you when you order so you have to measure before ordering. Its a XXL tapered to an XL in the waist area. Double draw cords, one in the bottom, one about mid waist. It has a removable hood, and he put two draws on my left sleeve to keep the sleeve close to avoid the string.

You can automatically tell this stuff is extremely well built. Also, this is going to be an extremely warm outfit, but its fairly lightweight. The wolfskin material is really nice. No nap so it wont pick up burrs and hitchhikers, but its the softest material I felt so. Its as quiet as fleece, but its water resistant and wind resistant as well. Its very tightly woven and they claim its extremely tear resistant too.

Jeff Aulik is the gentleman that owns the business in Wisconsin. Very nice man and great to work with. He was very helpful in helping me decide what would be best to suit my hunting style and needs. I wanted to post this because he definetly deserves a hard look if you're in search of the best quality clothing you can find. Its pricey, but IMHO, its was well worth it, it'll last a long time.

Once I get my digital back, I'll take some pics of this stuff and post.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got my Grey Wolf Woolens clothing today!

Do you have a web address? Sounds like just what I've been looking for.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here you go:
[link]http://graywolfwoolens.com/[/link]
Old 08-06-2004, 04:07 PM

The clothes won't help any. You are shooting a Hoyt. Try a Bowtech.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

What did you pay for them muzzyman?

I wanted high quality hunting clothes and settled on Cabelas MT050 Parka and bibs. The combined price was over $500.00 and its still not warm enough! I bet your wool/thinsulate combo is warmer. Let us know in the late season how it works out.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ram96

The clothes won't help any. You are shooting a Hoyt. Try a Bowtech.
Make sure to add a smilie when you make insane comments or someone will think you are serious!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ha, I know ram96 and shoot with him quite a bit. You just have to ignore a schmuck like him.. Besides, he's so confident in that Bowtech he's still shooting from the kiddie stakes.

On price, I paid 500 for the jacket and pants. They are not wool though. Its a material called Wolfskin. Its as soft as fleece, with no nap, and is water resistant and pretty wind resistant by itself because the weave is so tight. Real nice stuff.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

I wanted high quality hunting clothes and settled on Cabelas MT050 Parka and bibs. The combined price was over $500.00 and its still not warm enough!
You folks just got to learn to layer up. I've looked at all those heavy coats and even on several occasions said I was going to buy them. I've tried them all on but just can't see it. I put on as many as 3 layers of high tech undies, wool pants, 2 or 3 wool shirts of different weights and if need be a vest. Put on a couple balaclavas and you're good for just about anything. The problem I have with the BIG coats is... they're so dang big. If all else fails I can throw on my Goretex rain suit.[&:]
Old 08-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Davidmill, I do layer, but I have an issue with wearing too many layers. If you get a good jacket thats adjustable and fits you properly, there is no worry about bulk.

With this jacket, I can pack it in, climb my tree, slip it on and I'm ready to go. Windproof, waterproof, and plenty of heat trapping ability. Under this I wear a set of merino wools for wicking, polypro and if its really getting nippy, a set of Polartec fleece. I have a Cabelas Wool Fatigue sweater with Wind Stop that is awesome and I'll wear that down into the single digits and be able to sit most of the day.

Its all in what you want.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

My furnace is oversized! I have no fat to keep me warm. I do layer. I still freeze. I have top quality gear but still freeze. I need more body fat!