Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problems with Axis arrows.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Problems with Axis arrows.

I just took a brand new dozen of Easton axis arrows to the archery shop to get field points. First, they had a heck of a time finding ones that would fit and when they did they needed pliers to get the darn things in. Did anyone else have this problem? It doesn't seem right.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Problems with Axis arrows.

Bearlkr! I've heard of a few stories about these problem's from others on this sight .I was going to purchase some for myself but after reading the thread's I decided against them for these exact reason's .I think you need to know exactly what your doing when you cut and apply the insert's with these arrow's and it wouldn't take much to make a mess of them .I think if you spoke with Jeff B about this he might be able to explain the problems with these arrow's better.

nubo
Old 08-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure why a pro shop would have a problem finding the right size. 9/32 works just fine.

As far as putting them in with pliers goes...that would indicate to me that someone got glue in the threads when they installed them.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:03 PM

Yep......too much glue and it got in the inserts ! Really not hard to do on the Axis arrows and the way the inserts install !!

I have mixed emotions about the Axis........some of mine crapped out.......and some have been shooting great for a while (fixed blades and field points both) ! It's hard to argue with the results I get with the good ones ! [8D]
Old 08-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

So now what do I do? Every one of my arrows has glue in them and half of them can't even get a point in. The same proshop that sold me the points is the one that put the inserts in and screwed them up. Should I hold them responsible or what? I mean, now I'm out a dozen arrows!
Old 08-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bearklr, I put in my own inserts and you do have to be very careful. Mine function great, but they took a while. Also if the shop didn't let them sit perfectly horizontal for 24 hours that can cause problems also. If you do it correctly, these arrows are great!!. Many people have talked of spine degradation in this arrow, but to be honest that happens in any carbon arrow. Also just last week I bought another half dozen and shot them with the ones I have been shooting daily since early april. by looking you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. If it's not a hastle you may want to go back to the shop and have them cut the arrows for you and install the inserts yourself. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could try getting a tap and running in them.

I have had no problems with my Axis at all in fact I cut my second dozen and made them up a couple of weeks ago.

Have 11 with field points and 12 with broad heads and they all group together.

Mine are cut to 27 1/2" so I had room to play with when cutting them so I took 2" off the nock end and then cut to lenght so I am using the straightest part of the arrow.

All the arrows spin true with broad heads even the first lot that have been shot a lot.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

bearklr, most definitely hold the pro shop responsible! They sold you the arrows and cut/installed the inserts, therefore they are responsible. Go back to the shop and try to work something out. As a last resort I would contact Easton.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:10 PM

I agree too much glue , if you use the tool that comes with the arrows to put the insert in pull it out slow and it should pull all excess glue back out . i have the Axis 340 and i had 1 that was hard due to excess glue but after working it ina few times it works like a charm now , awsome arrows !