Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to buy at Cabelas?

Old 08-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Default RE: What to buy at Cabelas?

Good rain gear.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

See if you can get the chick from the Martin add. [8D]
Old 08-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would buy a SKB hard sided bow case. Good rain gear is also another good choice.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:47 AM

It's too bad you didn't win that last week or even better yet about 3 weeks ago. Last week Cabelas had their seasonal sidewalk sales and 3 weeks ago they had there huge tent sale (anyways the Cabelas store in Dundee, MI did). I don't if you've ever been to either sale or not but, you've got the right amount money to go. It doesn't matter if I'm not looking for anything. If I go to either sale I spend four or five hundred bucks. Hey who cares....Have fun with it!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

Well I'm not gonna spend it all but probably 200-300 of it anyway.
Either you've never been in Cabela's and don't know how much it looks like a candy store once you walk in the doors, or your wifes standing right behind you!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Peel off $200 and give it to your wife so she'll leave you alone to spend the rest.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leverdude, I don't think I have enough for the Martin Bow model so that's out, plus I think my wife would frown on that one but still a pretty good idea

zak123, I've been to a couple of Cabelas numerous times and I think that's the problem. I have sooooo much stuff that it's hard to find something that I really NEED. Now, WANT is a different story. I guess I should look at it that way though. I'll forget what I need and go for what I want.

livbucks, as usual women are always one step ahead. As soon as I told her I won $800.00 (my first mistake) she said "oh good because the car insurance just came and it was $500 so I can just pay it with that! So now that only leaves me with $300.00. I really need to learn when to keep my mouth shut[:@]

So I guess the best plan of action would be to just head up and buy whatever the heck I feel like (within reason of course) rather then to try and plan out a course of action. Because no matter what I had planned on the ride up it's going to change the second I walk through those doors anyway
Old 08-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ivbucks, as usual women are always one step ahead. As soon as I told her I won $800.00 (my first mistake) she said "oh good because the car insurance just came and it was $500 so I can just pay it with that!
DON'T FALL FOR THAT!
Tell her that those are everyday bills and that comes out of the budget. She's trying to play you for 500 bucks man!
She just loosened up the budget so she can spend $500 on herself.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:44 AM

What do you need, versus what do you want?

If you already have everything you need for bowhunting, how about muzzleloading? You could get a new Traditions or CVA rifle, or a Leuopold Rifleman scope, or a new GPS. How about new boots, hunting cloths scent blocker? Or you can take your wife to an excelent steakhouse like Mortons, and have a great meal. You may have some money left over, but not much. If you use some of the money on your wife, it may ease the blow when you go hunting. Like some new Jewerly for her, it may ease er pain of missing you when your gone on those long hunts.

Good luck....

T
Old 08-03-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tomster, I already asked her to go out to eat yesterday but she didn't want to so maybe I'll tell her we're going out tonight. As far as ideas you just hit the nail on the head. I crown you KING of shopping ideas!!! I need a GPS! my dog just chewed mine to pieces a few months ago and I totally forgot about it thanks for refreshing my memory! Well, I guess I'm glad you refreshed it. The sight of that garmin in 10 pieces still hurts when I think about it

Quick Reply: What to buy at Cabelas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.