Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Lowdown on posting Pics.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:07 PM

Default The Lowdown on posting Pics.

I know, this really shouldn't be here, but it seems like quite a few people are having trouble posting pictures. I figure this may help. If a Mod wanted to make it a "Top" thread for awhile that would be cool.

I'll do this step-by-step to make it easier.

1. You'll need to upload the picture you're wanting to post to a host site, I prefer Photo Bucket because it's easy to use and you have a LOT of space.

2. Assuming that you use Photo Bucket like I suggested, once you upload a photo you will see the picture and three little boxes underneath. URL, Tag, and Img. You're going to want to highlight the Img code.

3. Once you have the code highlighted, right click and select "Copy."

4. Open the "New Topic" or "Reply" window here on the forums, right click and select "Paste."

5. Now, the problem I've noticed with the code from Photo Bucket is that [img] is capitalized [IMG]. You need to delete the upper case IMGs and replace them with lower case. should be

Ex. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/CVBears2006/Buck2.jpg[/IMG] WRONG

RIGHT

Now you shouldn't have any problems posting pictures! Hopefully this helps some of you who have been having problems out!

Happy Posting.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:09 PM

Default RE: The Lowdown on posting Pics.

ttt
Old 08-01-2004, 11:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the advice, I will try some tomorow.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

going to try this
Old 08-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

How do you make the picture smaller?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:20 PM

The only way I know how to do that is to crop it (cut the edges down) in your computer's paint program. There are other ways, but this is the only one I use.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

WH is right. You have to shrink the pic before you upload it to photobucket. The best way I found without cropping is in paint. First, open the pic in paint the click on "image" at the top. Then select stretch/skew and it will open another window. In the horizontal and vertical fields enter a percentage. ex. 75% will be 75% of the original size and so on. Just be sure that the vertical and horizontal numbers match. Once you have entered the numbers hit enter and the picture will shrink. You can do this a little at a time until the image is as small as you want it. One thing to remember is that is you shrink the image too much by accident dont use this method to make it larger as it will end up blury. Your best bet in this case would be to just close without saving and start over. I hope this helps a little.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's an example of your pic after I shrunk it in paint.

Old 08-02-2004, 01:49 PM

I use hunt101.com but you can pick other hosts. To get the image smaller:
1. Open it up in a photoshop (one should have came with your computer)

2. Go to image and click resize.

3. Bring it down to the size you want.

4. Save it.

That should work to resize it.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:27 PM

Actually you can upload pics from your computer W/O having to host them. Just click on the "Embed picture in post" and then "Click here to upload" and you can browse for any pics you want. (The following is a wolf track borrowed from another site.)

Quick Reply: The Lowdown on posting Pics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.