Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching?

Old 08-01-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Fletching?

I am shooting arrows that have EZE-Crest's on them with 4 inch white vanes on them. I'm using bohning fletch tite glue. My question is, how should I prepare the crest so that the fletching will stay on easier? I only shoot each arrow about 20-30 times before the fletching starts to rip off, sometimes even less shots. Does using a whisker biscuit affect this? I never ha dthis problem before with my regular vanes that come on the shaft from the factory so I don't think my biscuit is the problem.Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:31 PM

Default RE: Fletching?

TRY USING GOAT TUFF OR JUST SUPER GLUE GEL. THAT STUFF HOLDS FOREVER.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

I've never used Goat glands, (lol) but short of using the all around miracle cure, DUCT TAPE! I'd go with the fast set gel. Been using it a while with excellent results. Just make sure your surface is cleaned and dry... denatured alcohol or acetone works well for this. I was really just kidding about the duct tape.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Spike

I had the same problem,just put a dab of your choise of glue in the front and back of fletch.you should not have any more problemss.pan.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

When you put the flecthing jig /vane on the shaft make sure it contacts the shaft the entire lenght of the vane. Also, make sure that the vane is level in the jig, if there is a low/high spot it will be off the shaft and create a weak spot and will be the spot where it comes off the shaft with use. I use super glue when I'm glue vanes on and as said by Pan Man put a dab of glue on the front end of the vane and if you want you could put some on the back end but definetly the front. if you have some shot thru in your that is where it takes the beating as it entires the taget.