Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sunday hunting??

Old 08-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sunday hunting??

Why aren't we allowed to hunt on sunday in PA, i asked my pap and all he said is thats the way its been or something like that. It would sure be nice to go out for the whole weekend!! Thanks for any input.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday hunting??

I have a farm in WV...About 3 years ago, the state voted in Sunday hunting. YEAH!! The next year, they put it up to vote county by county. Went down in all 30 or so counties that put it on the ballot. Absolutely amazing. It went down in our county 85%-15%. Not even remotely close.

My aunt, who is in her 70's, made it clear to me that she campaigned against and voted against it. She is 100% against sunday hunting. My response to her was that I had better never hear her complain about hitting a deer again. She hit 4 in 1 year...and constantly complains about her insurance. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Too many left-wingers making too many laws. Plain and simple. They passed it here in Ohio, no problem.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt WI and have never had to deal with this issue. Is it because of religous reasons? If so wouldn't that be a violation of church and state? If I am wrong about the reason the what is it all about? If something like that was passed in WI I would probably have to move. I work Mon-Fri and the weekend is all I have.

Great questions though.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hopefully some of the more knowledgeable PA boys can give us a solid answer, cause im not sure.[:-]
Old 08-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I live in NY and I am lucky enough not to have to deal with the no sunday hunting, I hope it stays that way. I for one don't agree with it . I think sunday hunting should be allowed every where there are deer.JMO
Old 08-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

Hmmm... lets see if Johhny Law has an answer... let us call him up... *ring ring* - Hi Johnny... a pal just posted an inquiry about hunting on the Sabbath... what's the boys in green suits have to say about that rule? (FYI - green - the color of PA's Wildlife Enforcement Officers Uni's). He said:

* Insert the serious voice of Johnny Law here - "Refer to PA WC Title 23, Chapter A, Section 2303, Subsection (a)" which reads as follows;

General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this title, it is unlawful for any person to hunt for any furbearer or game on Sunday.

(b) Construction of section.--This section shall not be construed to prohibit:

(1) The training of dogs.

(2) The participation in dog trials as provided for in this title.

(3) The removal of lawfully taken game or wildlife from traps or the resetting of the traps on Sunday

(b.1) Exceptions.--Subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(1) The hunting of foxes.

(2) The hunting of coyotes.

(3) Any hunting which occurs on noncommercial regulated hunting grounds holding a valid permit under section 2928(b)(2) (relating to regulated hunting grounds permits).

(c) Penalty.--A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.

So, I take it that it's not a religious issue, just something that's been on the books for a long long time. As far as why, he didn't know either. LOL. So goes yet another scratch your head PA game law folks! I vote we lobby to change it.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfreak, I cut my teeth on NY white-tails. And it used to be that you could not hunt on sudays. Sunday hunting has been voted in since then.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Spike

I started hunting in 87 with a bow in NY, and it was legal to hunt Sunday then , but only with archery gear. They did voted a few years back to allow hunting with a firearms on Sunday. I belive it passed, not sure though as I only hunt with my bow.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I PERSONALLY THINK NON HUNTING on SUNDAYS is total BS..

I mean... come on.

I bet there are businesses in those counties that WORK..

What about that?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

since i go to school i can only hunt during the weekends so that would really blow if we couldnt hunt during sunday thats like the stupidest law ive every heard of

Quick Reply: Sunday hunting??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.