Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sunday hunting??

Old 08-02-2004, 07:22 PM

Default RE: Sunday hunting??

yeah i would love to just go out for the whole weekend. it just messes things up
Old 08-02-2004, 07:27 PM

There is NO Sunday hunting here in North Carolina unless you are in the Military , active duty , retired military , DoD employees, spouse or child of either . they have to hunt on military base ( Ft.Bragg ) . Now this is where i have a problem. they say they are allowed to hunt cause they work all week , well guess what I DO TOO!!!!!!! I am even a disabled veteran but only having 20% i do not have the right to hunt on Sunday , disabled veterans can hunt on Sunday only if they have 50% or more WHAT A BAG OF BULL**** ! NC needs to get over these 200 year old blue laws and let the people of this state hunt on Sunday , funny you can buy beer on Sunday but ya can't hunt !
Old 08-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to hunt throughout the week, when Johnny Wanna Be is sitting in class / work. Two can really be a crowd
Me too. I love to hunt during the week. I see way more deer in bow season during the week cause they don't sense the morning pressure and hole up in the thick. Hunt the rut during the week if you want a real treat. Some years it is like a continuous stream of bucks making the rounds.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: JJWIII sez
Sorry man, I'm not buying into your argument.
There was no "argument" in my post. The day of rest reference I made was with jovial intent... my deepest apology if it twisted up your shorts. If you wish to debate, pick a topic that's worth debating. [8D]
Old 08-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

No twisted shorts here. Seems that we had differing views on the same subject. Often times this is referred to as an argument. Judging by the amount of replies to this subject (2 by you), I'd say the Sunday hunting issue is worth debating/commenting on. Mainly sighting the fact that it is being debated on most boards I read nowadays. Possibly this controversial subject will enter a courtroom soon. We shall see.[X(][&o]
Old 08-03-2004, 07:27 AM

We have archery only on Sundays, and in southwestern Ontario Canada. More northerly regions allow hunting by all (legal) methods on Sundays.
Al
Old 08-03-2004, 08:49 AM

MA. THEIR TALKING ABOUT SUNDAY HUNTING BUT WHO KNOWS ALOT OF PEOPLE SPEND GOOD $$$$ON HUNTING LICENSE AND CAN ONLY HUNT WEEKENDS!!!! PLUS THE LIBERALS START WINING IF THEIR NO PLACE FOR THEM TO GO HIKING!! LIKE THEY PUT MONEY INTO MA. WILDLIFE TO BUY LAND FOR US SPORTSMAN!!! AND CANT BE TO MUCH OF THE LORDS DAY ON SUNDAY ,THEY JUST PAST A LAW OF PACKAGE STORES BEING OPEN ON SUNDAYS NOT THAT ITS A BAD THING ,THEY SHOULD 86!!!!THAT SUNDAY LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:01 AM

My 2 cents, I hate the law of no Sunday Hunting. I have heard that some people believe that the hunters need a day of rest and spend time with their famalies. Not Hunting Sunday's sinks because if you only hunted deer with rifle and work 5 days a week, you would have only 2 days a year to hunt. How is it that you can work on Sundays but you can not hunt? It's the people in power that can change a law and this one needs to change. Let your Senator know what you desire.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:25 PM

I'm a PA hunter, and I'm kind of glad we're not allowed to hunt on Sunday. I spend so much time in the woods during the week and the weekends. Sunday is a good day to spend with my family.... I know I'd hunt on Sundays if we were allowed though...LOL
Old 08-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Blakeyboy

If it makes sense for game management purposes, which it prolly doesn't, then close down wednesdays instead.

B
Yea why not wednesdays..........interesting point.

Quick Reply: Sunday hunting??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.