Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Problem: Need help w/ Q2 issue

Old 08-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Problem: Need help w/ Q2 issue

Interesting discovery this evening which may be part of the problem. The WB appeared crocked, so i applied medium pressure to it and it moved. I straightened it up and the arrow appeared better aligned, though I was simply eye balling it. I need to take it back for measurements. The only strange thing is, the problem has varied with the nock being too high, too low and too high again. The WB is not loose enough that I would expect it to have moved that much.

Anyway, the WB must be part of the problem so i will certainly start there. Should they have used Lock Tight when installing the sight and WB? I asked, but the pro does not like the product and said it isn't necessary. I will keep you all posted on my progress. I appreciate the feedback so far.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

WB = Whisker Ba ba ba bisket... right? Do not, I repeat... Do not use any form of thread locker on your rest / riser. Glad to hear you have a mend on the way.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Jollyrancher is right do not use lock tight on your rest. You can how ever use teflon tape, a small amount will keep screws from loosing up. A way to track all this is to use a white paint marker and mark any location that you want to keep tabs on. Near nock set, the serving , kisser button, points on the rest, etc. this will keep you from guessing. Good luck Jim
Old 08-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JimBow:

Jollyrancher is right do not use lock tight on your rest.
Jolly-rancher? You trying to tell me that I'm square? LOL. I know it was a typo... but I couldn't resist.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

I am not yet certain, but the problem may be fixed. I took the bow back and the pro realigned everything. Once the WB was straightened and secured, the nocking point was only slightly high. He decided to shoot 25 arrows through the bow and recheck everything. No movement detected. Besides the fact they forgot to tighten the WB firmly, the pro believes we were experiencing a fair amount of stretch in the string. I have now run appx 175 arrows through the bow, so I hope my problems are behind me. I shot another 18 tonight and it seems fine. After a few more days of shooting, i will regain my confidence with the bow and should be packing em tight.