Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

API Stackin Stix

Old 08-01-2004, 07:20 AM
Spike

Default API Stackin Stix

I know that API went out of business but I am looking for either a set or one or two 3' extension pieces for their AL405 Stackin' Stik. Any help appreciated.

The Stackin' Stik was 3 - 3' sections that strapped on the tree individually - not a ladder.

Thanks,

Jack DeHaven
Old 08-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: API Stackin Stix

Check our Non typical or Summit, they both have what your looking for.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gorilla also makes climbing sticks.

http://www.gorillatreestands.com/sticks.shtml
Old 08-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Gorrilla stole there design by getting around Lonewolfs patents and then making there sticks in China for cheap. They could not get around the part where lonewolfs step can be used in both directions eliminating the need for left and right hand staggering. Lone wolf has the best sticks and they are 100% american made in Wisconsin.
http://www.lonewolfstands.com/intro.asp
Old 08-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

They could not get around the part where lonewolfs step can be used in both directions eliminating the need for left and right hand staggering
Gorilla sticks can be adjusted to be either left or right at least both sets I have are.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

I will have to check on that aussie guy? Last time I seen one it was an exact replica of lone wollfs origanal design. The step only piveted one direction. But I have not seen them in the last couple years. I would not buy from a company that is rich and gets its designs from stealing hard working americans designs and making them over seas, but thats just me! If you want them, go for it. Im sure you will save some money.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:39 PM
Spike

First, let me apologize for posting this topic in several forums. I was trying to get a quick answer (I'm like a little kid when it comes to buying deer hunting gear), so I thought I'd post in several forums to get replies from people who may not read the bow hunting forum.

The moderator told me about rule #11. I hadn't read the rules for quite a while. Sorry. Won't happen again.

Also, I want to try to match the API Stackin' Stix I now have because they nest together and it would make them easier to carry. Also, in the dark, it would be easier to put up and take down the same thing rather than different types of sticks.

Thanks all,

Jack DeHaven
Old 08-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

When did API go out of business?
Old 08-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Less than 5 minutes ago I saw an API advertisement on The Outdoor Channel. Are you sure they are out of business?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:12 AM
Spike

I did a net search on API and found API Outdoors which sold API products but was not connected with API treestands. They had this posted on their site. I emailed them and they told me API had a huge recall of stands due to some lawsuit and they went under because of this. Not exactly sure when it happened. I also talked to one of the salespeople at my local sports store and they confirmed it.

I still see API products in Basspro and Cabelas (no Stiks) so I don't know if they had tons of stands left or what. Can't seem to find the full story.

I'm callling Cabelas and other stores today to see if I can get a lead.

Jack

Quick Reply: API Stackin Stix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.