Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some help w/Stealth game cam

Old 07-24-2004, 09:37 PM

Default Need some help w/Stealth game cam

I have put it out twice now. First night, got 2 pics with deer, no more. The second time I left it out 3 nights and got 2 pics, and when I went to check it (from the front), it didn't take a pic of me. It is locking up or something. I have checked my settings?????
Old 07-24-2004, 09:38 PM

Default RE: Need some help w/Stealth game cam

How are your batteries?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're using cheap batteries that sounds about right. You are going to have to use premium batteries in it. Something like Duracell Ultra, Energizer Max, or I've had just as good luck out of Rayovac Maximum Plus. The Rayovac are a bit cheaper than the Duracells or Energizers and I get the same or better performance out of them.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:51 PM

batteries are new and showing almost full charge.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:58 PM

The digital camera i have in mine, says to use rechargable AA batteries. It won't work with alkaline batteries at all. I'd check that.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:01 PM

Mine just says use premium AA batteries. I am using duracell. Don't think it is a battery issue.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:20 PM

nice buckaroo pic!
Old 07-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea well I have another problem...
When I put mine out for the first time tonight I noticed that if you turn the camera off and then turn it back on it advances the film like you had just put a new roll in. And if you turn it off it flashes in your face. Anyone else have this? I hope I get some good pics cause I put it up at the intersection of a couple of good trails and about ten yards from the camera is the biggest pile of deer turds I have ever seen. They look like horse crap. (no horses there though).Maybe I'll post a couple if they are good.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:48 AM

Livebucks I just got me a el cheapo stealth also. And it does the same thing thing to me. But I am not too sure about it really advancing the film it is just probally making sure that there is still film in it. And as for the flash I think that when you turn it on it just warms up the flash so that it is ready to go when it is needed.

My problem with it was that it will only take pitcures when I am like 8 ft away from it. I got it on what looks like it should be a honey spot for elk and I had it out a week and got the pics today. There were only 7 two of which were me and the 4 with deers butts only b/c they were right under the camera. Only one was like 7 yrds from the camera. And at about 10-15 yrds is the trail that I want them to take pics of. So I am kinda ticked and I am going to give it one more week then I am taking it back if it is the same stuff. But thats ok Ive got a camera on the way to build a digital homebrew. But not really enough time to put it to use once I get everthing and put it togther. Season opens in a month and three days.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:55 AM

Also on my Stealth dig, when I go to retreive pics, I can push the menu buttons and nothing happens. I have to turn it off, then turn it back on to get anything to work. It's like it goes into permanent sleep after two pics. I guess I'll have to send her back.

Quick Reply: Need some help w/Stealth game cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.