Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got A Bowtech...WooHoo

Old 07-23-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Got A Bowtech...WooHoo

Went out with a open mind and shot a lot of bows and decided on the Bowtech Patriot Dually VFT. I have to finish getting it totally set up. For right now I borrowed the Copper John sight and Nap arrow rest off my Parker HunterMag. I was thinking about selling the Parker to buy a new sight and rest, but I think I might keep it as a backup.Any Bowtech shooters.. advice would be appreciated. Thanks Sharkey
Old 07-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: Got A Bowtech...WooHoo

Congrats on the new bow Sharkey
Old 07-23-2004, 03:51 PM

congratulations on your new bow. I just bought a Mitghty Might VFT last week. The only advice I have at the moment is they respond well to simms products. The hush kit they come with works resonably well, but throw some limb savers on and it really changes things. I also installed the NV system on my bow as well. Between the limb saver and these it made a huge difference in the feel and sound of the bow. You have a dual cam however, so I don't know if things would be the same. Mine was not bad to begin with. It made a bit of a "thump" when I shot it, and the bottom kicked out some (single cam, yours won't do that). The limb savers got rid of the thump and any vibration that was left. The NV system made it smoother yet and got rid of the kick on the bottom limb. The bow is completely dead in my hand now.

And you can't install a Muzzy Zero effect drop away on them, at least not easily. They don't have enough travel because of the limb design. Go with a Drop Zone instead, mine worked really well. Again this may be different on your model however.

I absolutely love my bow. I didn't buy it as a speed bow. It was not even a consideration when I bought it. I just liked the way it felt. I did however chrono it after getting everything set up and adjusted the way I wanted it. At 26 inches of draw and 53 lbs of weight it shoots 211 fps with a 406 grn arrow. And that is with a 25.5 inch module set to 26 inches. I have a bit more let off than normal and a slight valley. This over rotates my cam a bit and should cut down on effeciency slightly. I did the math for this set up. 1fps for every 2 grns of arrow weight, 3 fps for every lb of draw weight, and 8 fps for every inch of draw length. I came up with it shooting 322 fps! That's the upper end of what this bow is rated at for IBO. I was very impressed that this bow is that effecient at shorter draws and lower poundages.

Not to mention it's accurate as all get out. I credit the better grip and longer brace height.

Good luck,
Paul
Old 07-23-2004, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question then Paul. I just purchased the Bowtech patriot, and it has Bowtechs standard limbsaver on it. Did you remove them and place limbsavers on? I was told they are the same thing? Also what stabilizer you shootin Limb saver as well? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on the new bow...

Later
Old 07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the new bow! You're gonna love it, I also have a Pat Dually and it's a shooter, I slid the Bowtech things down by the limb pockets and put limbsavers on it, you will find that the string silencers wear out fairly quickly, when mine got rough looking I put cat whiskers on it and the diff. was very noticable, I also found that I had a buzz I couldn't get rid of until I put some whiskers in the cables now all you hear is the arrow hitting the target. I'm useing a Stealth stabilzer.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sharkey,
Congrats on the new bow! The most shootable cannon on the planet!
Sights and rest are a matter of preference, but I can tell you right now that the Pat Dually really reacts well to a Stealth Hunter 6" stabilizer. Also slide the Vibrablocks out to the portion of the limb where it begins to taper into the fat part of the limb fork......they work better there.

That brings me to Tribal,
The BowTech Vibrablocks work very well and I cannot tell the difference between them and Limbsaver performance...... ( I tried my Liberty with each and both and I can't tell)
I have heard that the new ULTRA Limbsavers are even better so they might outperform the Vibrablocks?
Anyway my advice to you is this.......if you don't want to buy Limbsavers slide the Vblocks to the spot I mentioned to Sharkey. If you want to use both keep the V-Blocks low and put the Limbsavers into the taper.

I would personally only try the Ultras since I already know there isn't a worthwhile difference between the VBlocks and regular Stealth Limbsavers.
6" Stealth hunter stabilizer also.......best there is IMO and great balance on either Patriot.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:28 PM

Matt who makes the Stealth Hunter 6 inch. What brand? Thanks Sharkey
Old 07-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with you Matt, the limbsavers made absolutely no diff. compared to the Bowtech blocks, I've been considering the ultras myself. Stealth is the brand name,the Stealth Hunter is what I'm useing and I tried some other stabs that I have and none of them even come close to the Stealth . One thing I forgot to mention, keep an eye on your module screws they tend to loosen up if you don't loctite them.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sharkey,

Stealth Archery is the brand of stabilizer.........you will want a 6" Hunter most likely. The 8" Hunter is very good if you like a bit of forward tumble on the shot.
Drop an email to Jerry at Stealth Archery.

And definitely follow Gromage's advice and loc-tite your module screws. They can back out if you forget about them for any period of time.

Quick Reply: Got A Bowtech...WooHoo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.