Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got A Bowtech...WooHoo

Old 07-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got A Bowtech...WooHoo

Congrats on the new bow. I love my dually.

I use a GKF TKO which is a very good rest... and you can't beat the price...

Also use a Spot Hogg Hogg It sight... and I spent a little more $$$ here.. but it's the best sight on the market and comes w/ a lifetime warranty to boot.

Also make sure that you keep the cable guard rod screw tight... a little loctite on there also. Use the blue lock tite... as it will still release w/ a little torque.. if you use the red stuff.. you will make it pretty permanent.

Once you get everything setup.. make sure to make marks on everything so that you have a quick reference to see if anything has moved.. IE cams, cable guard, limb bolts, rest, sight, peep, ect...
Old 07-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Bowtech, I think you'll like it. I don't have the Pat Dually but I'm considering adding the Black Knight to my collection next year.

Definitely take everyones advice and put some blue locktite on the module screws. I concur with everyone on the Stealth stablizer. I had a custom 4" long 6 oz. camo dipped one made and I love it. It's a perfect match for a Patriot single cam. I have a Copper John Dead Nuts sight on mine but there are a ton of relly good sights out there. Do you prefer to shoot 1 pin or multiple pins? I'd give a seriously hard look at the Vital Bow Gear line of sights. I'm hearing a lot of good things about them and I'm considering swapping out my Copper John for one.

I put some Stealth Ultra limb saver in addition to my factory vibrablocks (slid them down to near the riser) and it is deadly quiet. The Bowtech string silencers won't last long. You can try adding some leeches after they wear out but I didn't have a lot of luck with them. I guess you could slap a new pair on at the beginning of bow season and maybe make it through the season.

Good luck with your new bow.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info guys, to the pro shop first thing tommorrow!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:29 PM

My bow came with the hush kit from the factory. Vibra blocks, string slicencers, cable silencers and a cable gaurd muffler. One of the string silcencers ripped after about 20 shots. The bow was actually fairly quiet and vibration free from the get go. It had a little vibration and recoil, but the biggest thing was the bottom limb kicking out on me. I used to shoot a darton with the CPS cam, it didn't do this, the whole bow would just jumb out of your hand instead.

I played with the vibra blocks for a while moving them up and down the limbs to see where they worked best. On my bow they worked best at the end of the limbs close to the cams. The bow was pretty vibration free and quiet, but still made a "thud, or thump" sound when shot. Nothing loud or spooky though. I had just put new limb savers on my darton before I bought this bow. I decided to try and peel them off and put them on the bowtech. Amazingly it worked. I don't know which ones they are, the new kind, the ones that are not round. They cost like 16 bucks or something. They made a pretty big difference on my bow. The "thud" sound completely disapeared and the bow felt better as well. Still had that darn kick on the bottom limb though. I put the limb savers at the very end of the limbs as close the cam cut outs as I could get them. I left the vibra blocks on and put them half way down the limb. To be honest, on my bow the vibra blocks didn't do much of any thing.

Then I added the NV system to the bow. Those are the little dounut looking things that PSE markets. They are made by limbsaver, basically a simms enhancer 2000 with out the shaft. These made a big difference on this bow. Completely deadened the whole thing and took the kick out of the bottom limb as well. Oddly enough when I had them on my darton they didn't do much of anything. They go on top of your limbs, they replace the limb bolt washer. It does make it a pain to adjust the poundage though, and you have to break the bow down and remove the limb bolts to install them. And I think they cost 50 bucks.

I use two stabilizers on my bow. It's the same system I used on my darton. A simms enhancer 2000 with a Carbon Impact fat boy gel filled carbon tube and a limb saver glued to the end. With a quick disconnect that tilts the stabilizer down 10 degrees. The whole system cost around 100 bucks and weighs one pound, but it works very well.

I also put my standard yarn puff ball string silencers on the string. The top one is almost all the way up, and the bottom one is right on top of the speed nock. I left the leach thingies in for now. It doesn't seem to effect my speed any. When I took the bow in for some final adjustments they guys commented on how quiet it was. The only thing you can really hear is the Drop zones prong hitting when it drops.

I know I went a little crazy with the simms stuff, almost $200 worth I bet, but what the heck, it works and I already had the stuff laying around any way.

Being your bow is different than mine, I couldn't say if any of it will react the same way on your bow. They are all a little different I think. You are going to love it at any rate.

Best of luck,
Paul
Old 07-24-2004, 06:18 AM

Congrats on the new bow. I bought a Pro 40 earlier this year and love it. Have fun shooting
Old 07-24-2004, 01:14 PM

Got her set up today. Sweet shooting bow. 307 fps with a 398 grain arrow. I have about 50 days to practice until the season starts in Missouri. Its Sept 15 this year.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:21 PM

Congrats. Happy hunting.