Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blinds- Double Bull worth the $ ?

Old 07-23-2004, 08:10 AM

Default ground blinds- Double Bull worth the $ ?

I am looking for a ground blind and considering a Double Bull. Are they worth the expense? Their website does not talk much about set-up, take down, or carrying configuration. Do mech broadheads shoot through the net alright? I am currently in Iraq- no sporting goods to store to check them out.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:22 AM

Default RE: ground blinds- Double Bull worth the $ ?

Shooting towel heads with bows out of ground blinds now? Where do you hold the pin on them? Do you wait for a broad side, or go for the ole quartering away shot? Besides that 50 BMG should get the job done from way past any range needed for a ground blind.

Just Kidding!!

But if you are fighting over there I want to take this opportunity to say.

Thank All of Our Troops!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on to your question. I have a Double Bull Blind, and love the easy set up. It isn't heavy, and it's very quiet. I have not shot through the netting because I am a tightwad, and don't want to replace it so I use the windows. Price? A little steep for what else is available now with the same options. In the mean time I plan on wearing mine out. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

I bought the Double Bull BS5 this past winter. So far I missed a turkey at five yards from it. (they said you should put a 5yd pin on your bow) I didn't[:@]

I think they are awesome. Well worth money spent IMO. It's not hard to see quality differences from others after you get your hands on one.

Don't know which ones but they say some mechanical heads do work threw mesh.

Take it easy out there bro, keep your head down and do the best you can!
Old 07-23-2004, 05:00 PM

I recently purchase a Double bull T2. after owning two others. the first one I bougt was too small, had to open the back door to get enough room to draw the bow. $130 gone. the next one was the brick house buy ameristep. Its a good blind, left it wth mike on his farm. $150.

Double bull T2 is bigger than the others, lighter than the others, and is really tight no flap when set up. Made of canvas type material other than synthetic material in the others. Sets up easily. It didn't come with any tent stakes however. have to get those seperately. the T2 has one large shooting window messed in. the mess is better than the others because it reflects light and you cannot see into the blind form the outside. It has five other small windows. The mess for these small windows doesn't come with the blind either. I got them from double bull for 10 dollars for the five windows.

I'll let you know about shooting through the mess later as I haven't gotten that far yet. The web site has some infor on what and what doesn't work through those windows. I plan on shooting Magnus Stingers through them first chance I get.

all in all I feel It was worth the extra money.

Thanks for your efforts over there.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:28 PM

double bull is worth the money. i have the t2 too. the windows mesh out well and if a deer does make out the "tent" they do not run off. usually they look and look and look and then make a decision. it's not like they see a human and bolt.scent is contained well in it and u can hang a scent wafer..i use 2. i try to put it up in some brush or under trees if they have overhang. if u get one....get the ground stake that holds your bow. do not buy the chair though...that is not good...it is to noisy
Old 07-23-2004, 05:32 PM

u can shoot expandables through the mesh, but they cannot be winged. u also should put 2 rubber bands on them...hey, good hunting