Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone suffer from this?

Old 07-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone suffer from this?

Lower your pin sights so your arrow hits the spot you want to hit...

basically, the point above your pin..

I kinda have that problem too
Old 07-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess it wasn't the bow then. I guess i do remember fixing the problem with the old bow. I don't know how I fixed it I just all the sudden didn't have the problem. I never snapped my bow up like Paul said. I guess I never really let it get to me and just sighted in my bow accordingly and it went away. I hope it never comes back.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:19 PM

Blood Trail, I started having the same problem this spring. Very frustrating. Good luck with fixing it. I haven't yet. Thanks to everyone else for the advice, as I now have some ideas to help me fix it as well.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's the link to the thread from a few days ago.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=690437
Old 07-22-2004, 05:56 AM

Thanks for the info. I think it is target panic. I'll keep trying something. The back tension release scares me a little. I shoot the FX from mathews at 70lbs the bow is really lite probably 3.5lbs (naked).

PS: Im 6'3 230lbs and play ice hockey twice a week. You hurt my manhood with the strength issue comments
Old 07-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got the same thing going on....it's been years now. I do shoot exceptionally out of a treestand though. I've found that a round pin gaurd with the pin mounted directly in the center of it helps me out. I just figured this out last week, but my groups have gotten smaller and I'm having a floating pin on the spot again instead of a floating pin below it. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2004, 06:33 AM

If it's target panic try this. Get a 3-d deer or something similar, and shoot at it. Not having defined rings to aim at may help. You know where you need to put the shot on a 3-d but you won't have the rings to contend with mentally. You'll be shooting at the all brown vital area.

I've never seen a deer in the woods with a bullseye. Once at a petting zoo but that's a diffrent story
Old 07-22-2004, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I've had this same problem off and on for about 2 years now, and it's caused me to miss THREE nice bucks in that time period.

This year I have really, really, really been concentrating on not letting that arrow fly until my pin is steady on the target. If it means taking an extra second or two to calm myself down before shooting, or even let the arrow down if I can't do it - so be it. The more I really focus on what it is I'm doing when I shoot rather than just getting overanxious and letting the arrow go, the better I'm shooting. I'm still not where I need to be yet, but it's getting better. It's all mind over matter really.

Also, from that thread the other day that davidmil linked to the one thing I tried that has helped already is to make a routine in my head for every time I shoot. For example I tell myself "One - draw. Two - Anchor. Three - Aim. Four - Hold. Five - Release." The more I shoot doing that sequence the more my shots are going where I want them to. Like I said, I haven't been cured overnight but the more I work on it the better it gets and the more fluid my entire shooting motion becomes.

I'm shooting tonight and Saturday with my hunting partner, then Sunday we're going to our first 3D shoot of the year. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:18 AM

Thanks Jzarr. I will try the 1-2-3-4-5 thing. And practice-practice practice-practice-practice.

I did not realize this was a disease.[X(]
Old 07-22-2004, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to stop reading things about target panic. I always think i'm going to start thinking about it when shooting and develope a case.[:@]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.