Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bows from ebay

Old 07-20-2004, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default bows from ebay

I am thinking of buying a bow from ebay, specifically I am looking at bowtech? I am just wondering if anyone else has had luck doing this or what you think?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:46 AM

Default RE: bows from ebay

I wouldn't suggest you do this. Those bows are expensive. (Even on Ebay) You will save money on Ebay, but you may need to spend it in order to get your bow fixed. You may be buying someone elses problem. I would go to my pro shop and test the bows out, and get the one I like.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are experienced, and know what you are looking for and getting....there absolutely are some great deals on ebay. I have actually gotten my last 2 bows off of ebay, and they were great deals on super bows.
If you are a newbie, or inexperienced...this probably would not be a good option.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 AM

I've bought bows off eBay and haven't had a problem, but they've all been inexpensive. I wouldn't pay anything more than $300 for a bow on eBay, if your going to spend more than that I would just pay the extra $ and go to a local dealer. You'll help your local economy and get all the services he offers along with the Bow (warranty, setup, troubleshooting, ect.) If something should go wrong the little bit of money you saved isn't going to seem worth it.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

As some have stated, if you are experienced and know what you are looking for, then ebay can be a good option. I have bought and sold a few bows on ebay and I have always been pleased with the transactions.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:26 PM

I got my 2003 Firestorm lite of eBay as a left over from an authorized PSE dealer. It carries a full manufacturers warrenty and the only issue I've had was the draw length was too short and I had to order a module from pse through a local dealer. I shop around and if I can save a hundred dollars on a new item it's definately worth it IMO. If your new to the sport and don't know your specs a good proshop is worth the extra money to get fitted correctly
Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 PM

Same as others, if you know what you are doing, you can do good on ebay.

I've bought and sold, several bows and ebay. All have been great transactions.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:51 PM

I bought my bow on Ebay. I got a hard case, a Hoyt Magnatec ZR200 bow, Six Easton 2315 camo hunter arrows, Six broadheads, a NAP arrow rest, a Trophy Ridge Matrix sight, a quick release. All this was new and never used and I spent $400.00. I checked with my local archery shop to see if this was a good deal(because I was new to the sport) and told yes so I bought it. The bow retailed for $470 alone and I couldn't be happier with the way it shoots.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

I bought my bow off ebay a few months ago and I couldn't be happier with it. I saved more than $250 off retail price, and it's only a few months old.

The thing to watch out for is not to just buy a bow because it's a good deal. I would suggest going to your local pro shop and handling/drawing/shooting a few bows until you figure out which one(s) you want. Then watch ebay for awhile and see what kind of deal you can come up with. I had to wait for a long time to find the bow I was looking for, but in the end it was worth the wait.

The only thing you have to watch out for is that a lot of manufacturers will void the warranty if the bow is not purchased from a authorized dealer. In my case I bought a Hoyt Vipertec and now have no warranty. If something goes wrong, I eat the cost of fixing it. But such are the risks of anything purchased used - whether from ebay, your local pro shop, or a guy down the street.

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few bows up on Ebay now, and have sold a bunch there.

I have had awesome transactions with some really nice folks..and (toot toot ) my feedback rating reflects that. I am eager to answer any questions thoroughly and I am polite, just as if this was a customer walking into a shop.

If you do your own bow set-up and whatnot, (and know what you are doing as others have said) you can get some great deals. I'm practically giving my X-Tec and Martin away. Then again, I'm not out to make a bunch of money, just help finance my next purchase

Quick Reply: bows from ebay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.