Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bows from ebay

Old 07-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bows from ebay

I've had possitive experiences on E-bay.... but I've also heard some horror stories. Watch those feedback raitings
Old 07-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

I had a bad and good experience purchasing a bow off of ebay. I bought a bow that was described as an '03 Patriot single cam off ebay for $300... well it turned out to be an '02... which I didn't like.. and that bow was soo top heavy it wasn't even funny. So I turned around and sold it back on Ebay.. and it sold for $400... so that was the good part of that deal. I then bought an '03 dually Patriot from a guy off Archery talk for $375... which he hand delivered at the ATA show... thing was new as of Oct '03.. So that's my experience buying bows on ebay. I've bought several accessories off ebay.. and got some very good deals there also.

A few words of caution...

1: make sure item is correctly described
2: if questions aren't awnsered.. then don't bid
3: if something doesn't feel right.. then it's prolly not
4: watch the shipping charges... some guys try to sell items cheap and rip you on the shipping. Seen a good treestand going for $50 the other day... shipping was $100.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bucky10! these guy's are giving you the best advice on what you need to do If you know what you want in draw length and draw wieght and have handled this bow in your local shop then by all mean's go ahead and buy it. But as they say most of these bow's won't be covered by warranty unless it's sold to you by a dealer on e-bay .Although I've never bought a bow off of e-bay I have bought loads of gear off of them and have never been disappointed yet. Most of these people aim to please you ,if there is a problem that you were not advised of then e-bay will look into it and sort it out for you or you can leave negative feedback,but I know you don't want that .If I were you I'd check out what Jeff B has on there and I'll gaurantee he'll make sure your happy .[he's posted above ]
E-mail him and see what he has you might just like what he has . Just click on his email address and find out what he's got ,he's a great guy, and he'll help you out a lot.

nubo
Old 07-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go to a bow shop and get fitted for one, you can get your hands on the one you want instead of looking at it on a screen. DONT DO IT!!