Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on sight adjustment

Old 07-19-2004, 02:17 PM

Default Question on sight adjustment

I am having trouble with a sight adjustment. I have had to run my pendulum sight all the way to the right to get close to my impact point. My arrow rest is a whisker biscuit. Here is the question and forgive my ignorance but I am new with this bow stuff. Can the arrow rest be adjusted left to right so that I can get my impact point correct? I know I can adjust it but will doing this create other problems?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:25 PM

Default RE: Question on sight adjustment

Here is one of the problems. You need to run your pendalum sight to the right, right over to the garbage and dump it in there because those things are nothing but a hassle. On a serious note you do not want to move your rest from center to adjust to arrow flight or it will shoot your arrow at a angle not straight. Always center your rest with the string and work from there on arrow flight.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're still shooting too far right then you can try moving your rest to the left.Are your arrows hitting the target straight?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:26 PM

Sounds to me like you are left-eye dominant while shooting right handed or vice-versa.
It happened to me when I first started to learn how to shoot.
try using a peep sight and squinting the eye opposite the type of bow you have (RH-LH)
rh bOW CLOSE LEFT eYE. YOU SHOULD FIND THAT YOUR SIGHT NEEDS TO GO BACK THE OPPOSITE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN MOVING IT!
Old 07-19-2004, 02:41 PM

jsasker...the arrows are hitting the target pretty close to straight on. The only reason I am asking this is that in low light, with the sight moved all the way over to the right, it can be a little difficult to pick up the pin through the peep.
Bowdaddy...I am right eye dominant shooting right handed.

I actually shot this setup last year and I am pretty confident with it. I just would like to get this straightened out so I don't have to remember to adjust 2-3 inches left or right, depending on the direction of the deer.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:43 PM

texark....what is the best way to determine if the rest was properly aligned to begin with?
Old 07-19-2004, 02:43 PM

I think I had the same problem as you're describing. Is you sight adjusted as far right as you can but you're still shooting right? If this is the case you'll need a spacer between your riser and you sight. this will allow you to adjust your sight further right.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:45 PM

Is your rest centered? I would start with center as mentioned earlier, my bet is you are not center and you are having to adjust your sight to compensate.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:49 PM

From what I am reading it sounds like I may a combination of problems. The rest may not be centered, I should check that first. If that isn't the case, then I think Adams is right...a spacer would correct the situation.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your sight pins should be just left of the string if you hold the bow in front of you undrawn.

Quick Reply: Question on sight adjustment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.