Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt and High Country??

Old 07-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt and High Country??

I am looking into getting a new bow, and I already know a good amount about bowtech,mathews, and others, but I am wondering more bout Hoyt and HCA, I know Hoyt has the cam and 1/2 ,but how well do their bows perform in a treestand? I am looking at the X-tec it looks sweet. also on High country, I heard there bows can shoot fast and lighter arrows, anyone proven this? they look kinda small?

thanks
Old 07-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt and High Country??

Stay far away from HCA... Their bows are no where near as fast as they are advertising.... They're shooting the bows at 5gpi to get the speeds they're advertising.. which will severely limit the life of the bows... The carbon riser have a bad habit of cracking also. Newberry is also owned by HCA.. but I've heard pretty good things about those bows... kinda like a higher end HCA. Hoyt also makes some very nice bows...
Old 07-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally shoot a hoyt and love it. The cam and a 1/2 system preforms great. I shoot a razortec, I like the short ata length for spot and stalk type hunts as well as treestand or blind hunts. I'm not sure why high country could shoot lighter arrows as the standard for the lightest arrow is generally 5 grains per pound of draw. I recommend the hoyt also because it's resale value is great.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:11 AM

Just curious where you heard Newberry was owned by High Country? Richard Batdorf who owns Archery Pro LLC maker of Newberry Bows used to work for High Country but the company is not owned by High Country. If Newberry had the backing of High Country they certainly could get more advertising out there.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will also tell you that High Country's customer service sucks and has sucked for years.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

i can tell you personally that high countrys are good bows i have a carbon 4 runner and i like the bow fine and it was just as fast as any of the other bows i now have a bowtech and the only reason i swapped was because the bowtech was smoother. my high country shot 277 and the bowtech shot 285 so you can tell that its not much slower.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:18 AM
nub

koontzy; Do a search and you'll find all you need to know about HC.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Hoyt is nice, I have one.

The Cam and a 1/2 requires no maintenance and shoots well.

Try shooting a hoyt.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:51 PM

I wouldnt touch a High Country wiht a ten foot pole. As far as hoyt, i shot two and liked my LX alot better. single cam is better than the cam 1/2 IMO.

slayer
Old 07-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had a High Country for 11 years. The only problem I had out of it was a noise I couldn't identify when drawing it back. I sent itin about 9 years ago and they put a new set of limbs on it no questions asked. Since then I have killed many a deer with it and shot many a 3D tournament with it with no problems whatsoever. I would not hesitate to buy another one today. I don't know why they get such a bad rap. I actually dry fired one of the carbon riser bows accidentally at a show and the bow suffered no ill effects. It was a Carbon 4 Runner.

Hoyt also makes a very nice bow.

Quick Reply: Hoyt and High Country??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.