Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to make that one shot count

Old 07-16-2004, 03:06 PM

Default How to make that one shot count

I have read several topics that ask, "How can I get prepared for that one shot?"

Well I have come up with the solution.

I was reading a hunting magazine today and was thinking about how to make that one shot count. I don't have enough money to be throwing away so I found this useful.

You go outside ready to shoot and think real hard. Give a friend, brother, sister, wife, husband $20. If you miss the target, they keep it. If you hit it you get it back. That will make that one shot count.

You Mathew's shooters can start at $5 bets though.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to make that one shot count

I just practice?[&:]
Old 07-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a stand in a tree in the backyard ,alot of times I take only one arrow into the tree with me ,then I have someone tell me "OK" and I have 15-20 seconds to make the shot at a target of their choise.
I was told long ago if you think you will likly miss so do not think just react.

NRA Life
DU
NAHC Life
Pheasants Forever
Old 07-16-2004, 11:02 PM
nub

Give my wife money, and she will give it back. Yeah right! Like that will happen.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:24 AM

Old 07-17-2004, 08:54 AM

Practice until it becomes automatic.

When it gets close to the season, I take one arrow, walk to an unknown distance, visualize a situation and shot once.

I'm with Nub....if I gave my kids or my wife $20 they'd be gone before a second shoot could happen!
Old 07-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

All you need to do is consentrate,consentrate and consentrate ,have no distraction's and try to get your shot off within 7 second's. Pick a spot you want to hit as soon as your pin hit's the spot release.But again be sure to feel comfortable or start over .After 7 seconds you start to wander this is why it's important to get your shot off within 7 second's .

nubo
Old 07-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

For me its easier to make one shot, than it is to group continuous over and over again.

When I was a kid playing basketball, every now and then my coach used to throw down money on the foul line when we had free throw practice, make it you keep it.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:28 PM

It's all mental. if you think about missing you'll probably duff the shot.stay positive. concentrate on the spot you're going to shoot the target or animal and dont like at the rack if its a buck..

slayer
Old 07-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

May sound a little crazy, but ill do some cardio to where i am breathing pretty good and the take a shot at my mckenzie target, basically its like getting all excited or your walking and outta breath and need to take a shot...........it works for me. Give it a try.

Quick Reply: How to make that one shot count

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.