Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STEALTH CAM DIGRC-XTR UPDATE

Old 07-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: STEALTH CAM DIGRC-XTR UPDATE

Mike! I sent him a money order about 3 week's Monday ,so it should be here any time ,I thought I would have had it now though.

nubo
Old 07-15-2004, 05:39 PM

Hey guys,

Well, I still havn't heard anything from Stealth Cam. I e-mailed them Tuesday and it says that they will get back to you the following day.

I moved my feeder tonight, I put it further back into the woods closer to a bedding area, and I set the camera up with new batteries. I took my time to make sure that the unit was set-up perfectly. I am gonna leave it go till Monday and see what happens. If I am not satisfied Monday, I am getting rid of it and building my own. I have found some plans for a unit using a Sony P41 Camera that supposidly has a awsome flash and a very fast load time! Plus, it will cost less than $300 to put together this unit.

I'll let you guys know how this all plays out. I am really ticked off right now as I have been seeing alot of bucks on my property. Tuesday night I went and sat on the roof of my house to watch our field and I saw 5 bucks, 1 doe, 2 fawn, and a skunk. Out of the 5 bucks I saw, 1 was a small 4 point, 1 was a small 6 point, 2 were small 8 points about 15" wide, and I saw a BIG 8 point come out. He is probablly close to 20" wide already, his brow-tines looked to be close to 6 or 7 inches, his G-2's looked to be in the 10-11" range, and his G-3's appeared to be in the 8-9 inch range with a really heavy rack and long main beams. He has a nice high rack that all curves in. Hopefully this Stealth Cam can redeem itself and I get a pic of that big boy.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:03 PM

Jason,

We have unfortunately not been able to locate any e-mails from the name Jason Lowmaster with such concerns. We value our customers and would like to rectify this situation. Please re-direct your e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected]. You may also feel free to contact our customer service at 877-269-8490 and we will make sure that this issue is taken care of.

Customer Service
Old 07-15-2004, 06:03 PM

I read your post. Do you have a laundry list and directions so that I can build my own?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Bowman49,

Try Here

Hey BM,

Maybe T_in_PA2 would let you try one of his out for a week or two. i'm betting if you did you would be sold on the homebrew's. What do you say T_in_PA2?
Old 07-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

bowman, goto hagshouse.com. A newbie just asked the same question and has had a bunch of responses. I will be glad to help but please read that post as a lot of the questions you may have are probably already answered on the other board. It is under homemade trailcams. happy camming. you can also see my new homebrew on this site if you look over the last few days. ABH.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:52 PM

If I had one available but I have a few orders to fill right now.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:05 PM

Well, I just sent my third e-mail to Stealth Cam. I will let you all know what happens.

Nubo, I wouldn't worry about the MC2-G. I had two of them and I loved them. The picture quality was great, the camera was reliable, and the camera is tough.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:09 PM

boman49,

I was at Hags House and the list of parts for the camera that I may build is as follows.......

Sony P41 4.1megapixel digital camera...... $179.99
HH1 Board............................................. . $ 50.00
2 -- 1" glass circles.................................. $4.00
Shutter Assembly..................................... $5.00
Servo............................................. ........ $5.00
Pelican 1060 Case.................................... $34.00

This is what I have seen as a list of parts. I am not entirely sure if anything else is really needed or not.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:37 AM

BM,

You only need one 1" circle glass. Get a Flash Enhancing lense for in front of the camera flash.

You probably want to get a Python lock and some U bolts to secure the camera to a tree. Go to OfficeMax this week and get a P41. They are on sale for $150. There is also a thread on Hag's that I started, "You heard it here first", telling you how you can get the camera cheaper yet with Internet coupons.

Quick Reply: STEALTH CAM DIGRC-XTR UPDATE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.