Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To anyone who makes arrow wraps, please reply.

Old 07-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default To anyone who makes arrow wraps, please reply.

A few months on back I remember a thread about arrow wrap designs. I believe that PA Hardwoods was asking about design ideas for arrow wraps. I thought that I would just post this to see anyone here can help me out in case he doesn't see this or doesn't make them anymore.
I want to have someone make me a very special order of wraps. Last wed. night one of my best friends and bowhunting buddies lost his wife in a tragic car accident. She was only 32 yrs. old and was a beautiful and loving wife and mother of 2 great children (a 13 year old boy and a girl who will turn 11 tomorrow). My friend is just like me, his wife wasn't only his wife but his best friend also. My wife, daughter and I were on vacation when we found out about it three hours after the accident had happened and we of course came home early for the viewing and funeral. Last night I was able to spend about an hour and a half alone with him and he is just in so much pain. thankfully he has alot of friends and family and we live in a great small town that is really helping out. He has of course recieved so many flowers, plants, blanket throws ( which we sent 1 of the probably 30 he got) etc. that are given in these times. Well, as a fellow bowhunter I wanted to do something different and special to remember her by. I came up with an idea yesterday and hope someone here can help me out.
I am going to order a couple dozen shafts and make him some special arrows. I want to get an arrow wrap that has In memory of her name written on it . I will give all the details if anyone out there can help me. I will pay whatever is needed to make them. It is just tearing me up seeing him like this. I just want something special that I can give him that we can remember her by when we are out in the woods . Any help would sure be appreciated. Please just reply here or PM me. I will be checking often.
Ya know my wife commented that at the viewing it just tore her heart out to see the 2 of us that she is so use to seeing doing all our Macho hunting stuff, standing there hugging each other and just weeping with each other. I guess we aren't as tough as we think. I just can't imagine losing my wife and what he must be dealing with.
I would just really love to do this for him. Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To anyone who makes arrow wraps, please reply.

EASY-EYE arrow wraps, they make some nice looking wraps give them a try go to eders.com give them a look. I don`t think they customize but it might be worth a shot to call and see. And i am very sorry to here the story you just told abot your friend. Iam a father of two a boy 9 and a girl 13 and my wife left monday on a bussness trip and won`t be back till fryday night. to her a story like that makes you stop and think, I`ll pray for you friend. I could not emagine the pain he must be going though. I do not no what i would do if something that happend to me.[]
Old 07-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ughh..how very sad

I would recommend Arrow Wraps Unlimited..they do custom work..I have placed a thread over on Archery Talk where the owner frequents asking him to take a look at this thread.

HERE is the thread on AT.

Hope this helps, and my thoughts and prayers are with your friend, his family and yours during this time of grief.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:05 PM

Some hobby shops have the facilities to make vinyl decals for model cars. They also can make wraps, they just don't know it. I suggested it to a hobby shop in my town, now they are cranking them out.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:54 AM

Proff, sorry to hear about your friends loss, you have a PM. I'd be more than happy to do them for you.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:12 AM

You know what Proff, the heck on it, this story really touches me. I'll make em up for you for nothing at all and even throw in a half dozen special wraps just for you.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

PA Hardwoods, I got your e-mail and your messages. I will be e-mailing back to get together with you on some specifics this evening when I have more time. I am heading over to my buddies now to see him.
I just wanted thank you for your offer and tell you how cool of a gesture that is. You know when stuff like this happens you really see the good in people. My buddy said that he just can't believe the support he is getting. Then someone one here ( I am talking about you PA) who only knows me from posts on here and doesn't know my friend at all, offers to do something like this. Just goes to show you how great people are. Thanks to all of you for the kind words. PA I will be in touch with you really soon. We will work something out. I hate to see you do this work for nothing. Please all of you keep my friend and his family in your prayers.