Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Dream Season TV Show

Old 07-14-2004, 03:31 PM

Default RE: Drury Dream Season TV Show

Hey guys what time does the show come one?
Old 07-14-2004, 03:56 PM

O.K guys..........I said I might have missed something and to correct me !! You did...... thanks..........but man can you imagine what that looks like when you tune in mid-stream !! [][8D]

Jack McCoy........settle down Beavis !! You need to lighten up ......Scent Blocker/Scent Lok.......it's all the same to me......something I don't use ! And man do I get a good laugh in everytime I see someone wearing one of those little wafers from there hat !!! [:-]

Do you have one Jack ??? No really......do you ??
Old 07-14-2004, 04:06 PM

Who do you see wearing wafers on their hat?? You didn't let me know how many deer you have killed on camera after making fun of someone for missing a "chip shot". Chip shots are only in golf pal, not in bowhunting.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:37 PM

I'll admit that I have watched parts of 2 shows only to see what it's all about and I can say that I'm not impressed either!! I knew the day was coming when reality television met up with the hunting world and to me it's a sad day!! This show is all about competition and in my eyes that's not what hunting is all about! Don't get me wrong, I'm an extremely competitive person and have been all my life, but I guess that's what draws me to hunting and being in the outdoors...a break from competition. I guess this show has some entertainment value to it(like during the summer when there's no hunting and my arms sore from shooting my bow)but if I wanted to watch some grown men get into little tiffs about things...I'll turn to a baseball game and watch a pitcher intentionally throw at a batter...now that I know is real!! It's too scripted and rehearsed and maybe that's the reason it doesn't interest me! And the Drury brothers are about as annoying as they come!! But...that's just my opinion!! I know everyone will say...you don't have to watch it then...and that's exactly what I aim to do!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Jack , Are you part of that production or something................you seem to have a overly strong opinion of a show that "just" started ???!!

I'll leave it alone , you seem to be taking this a little too serious to me !!
Old 07-15-2004, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

I've watched the first two shows and have enjoyed them. I don't take it too serious, but figure I can always learn something. I probably like their show Wildlife Obsession(?) where they have two teams of hunters going into an area, working the land, planting food plots then hunting in the fall. I learn a lot more from those shows and find them very informative.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:43 PM

http://druryoutdoors.com/dreamseason.html
Here is a link to the website it lists times and dates. I believe they are getting ready to start episode 4
Old 07-22-2004, 03:21 PM

I've seen two shows and I thought there was too much BSing about who thinks what and how they feel ?????

The two fellows from scent loc or whereever did add some info to the show but I wasn't impressed with all the talking and background info on the hunters. I'll watch it a couple of more times but I sure hope it gets better.

The shooting of the other fellows bow was goofy in my opinion. The one fellow had to shoot the lady's bow which was way too small. The idea that if your out in the field and that is your only option is total nonsense. The ethical option is to just pass up the shot and hunt another day.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

I thought the show was ok, but not great. The chick was cute, so it can't be all bad, but it did seem too promotional to me. I realize shows can't exist without it, but like someone else said, some of the juding was being done by scent blok based on scent control, etc. It's ok, but I'll stick to Closing the Dist and Road trip.