Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

nock set help (pic)

Old 07-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default nock set help (pic)

ok i hope this works.

in the pic the top nock point is clamped down. [cannot move, without nocking pliers] bottom nock point {which is black}[can be moved up and down freely.] it is almost like rubber. my question is, is this pinching the nock? i shoot with a release. when i pull back the rubber goes so thin from the pressure of the release it is dang near paper thin. am i losing speed? it is almost about to fall off from being shot so much so i figure unless there is some advantage to this being there instead of a nonmoving nock[lighter than a regular nocking point that will give more fps.] i will put a solid nock on the bottom of the arrow that cannot move.

please help!!

thanks,
Nick

Old 07-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nock set help (pic)

i circled the top nock[non-moving] and bottom nock[free to move]

Old 07-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry the pics arent that clear
Old 07-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The bottom nock is an eliminator button. I assume your shooting your release directly off the string. Just nock your arrow, and slide the button up against the nock, and clamp your release below it. It prevents nock pinch.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Josh, if I am not mistaken this is what he is already doing but the eliminator button is so loose that his release is pushing tight against his nock. I really can't tell from the pic but you should be able to use nock pliers and tighten your eliminator button in one place so it isn't able to slide up and down freely. You may also be missing the metal ring that holds the button on the string but once again I can't see. I would suggest replacing your bottom button with a new one making sure it is tightly secured and you should't pich your arrow any longer.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

the eliminator button does not get clamped down. it is put on the string by putting the bow in a press and then taking one end of the string off the cam and sliding the eliminator button on the end of the string and sliding it to the serving.

so would it be worth it since i have gone through 3 eliminator buttons to put a solid nock point below the arrow/above the release?

thanks,
Nick
Old 07-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's not how mine goes on it must be a different type. Mine as a slice in it so I can wrap it around the string without using my press, I then use nock plyers to clamp it down.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ideally, the best way to go is with a string loop. However, if you do not want to do that, you can either put a non movable nock below, another eliminator button, a tied in nock, or just shoot without a bottom nock. Personally, I'd go with the loop, with an eliminator button as my distant
2nd choice.