Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bass Pro in St. Charles A+ but am I taking advantage?

Old 07-13-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Bass Pro in St. Charles A+ but am I taking advantage?

This is my conversation with Bass Pro Shop in St. Charles.

The S stands for staff and the Z stands for Zak (Me).

S: Hello this is Bass Pro I'm ****** *********, how may I help you?
Z: Can I speak to your customer service department?
S: One second.

(The waiting music: Save up your reward points for benefits. {So thats what those points on the bottom of my receipt were} The hooting of owls).

S: Hello this the customer service department, I am ***** *********, how may I help you?
Z: I was up at your store last Tuesday and I bought two packs of the Bohning Fletch-Tite vanes.
S: Yes.
Z: I bought 100 4" white vanes, and 100 4" yellow vanes.
Z: I took the vanes out and fletched my arrows.
Z: I grabbed a box of each color vanes, on the same shelf. The yellow vanes were a hard, slick plastic, and the white vanes were a soft, rubbery plastic. The box with the white vanes had sharp corners, and the box with the yellow vanes had rounded edges. I called the Bohning company and told them about my problem. They said that they changed the material in their vanes. They told me to return them. Would I be able to return them?
S: One second, I will transfer you to the archery department and tell them about your problem.

(More waiting music. Crows Calling, Come see our bird demonstration on {Someone answers})

S: Hello this is ***** ********, how may I help you?
Z: (I told him about my problem)
S: Sure you can return them.
Z: I already used about 20 of them.
S: Just go ahead and return them.
Z: Thank you.

Now that is customer service.

The question I had is this: I used about 12 white vanes fletching my arrows. I was wondering if I would be taking advantage of the situation by returning the whites also. I would also have to return the glue since I "wasted" it. I have thought about it, being my mistake for not checking the packages, that I am already lucky enough to be able to exchange them. I shouldn't be taking advantage of the situation though.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bass Pro in St. Charles A+ but am I taking advantage?

send it back the aren't going to lose any money.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bass Pro in St. Charles A+ but am I taking advantage?

I had a similiar experience with Cabela's this year my bro-in-law asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told him 75 grain Muzzy broadheads. Well not knowing anything about archery he bought me replacement blades instead. I then decided to switch to 100 grain. To make a long story short I called Cabela's and told them my situation and I was pretty sure that he had bought them at the Cabela's Store in Harrisburg and they told me just to send them back with a letter requesting replacement and they sent me 100 grain replacement blades. Now all I have to do is buy the broadheads and I have 2 packs of replacements. I was impressed with that.