Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I got to work and the world crumbles

Old 07-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: So I got to work and the world crumbles

i like when you post pictures
Old 07-13-2004, 09:20 PM

i think u can post whatever you want on here about hunting. hunting is hunting like double creek said. why hide the "good" stuff from other hunters. yea peta people might see it, but who cares. I liked the picture cause it showed me what these broadheads can do on the not so perfect shot. I know everyone hits a deer perfect double lung everytime right[8D] if he knows his skills will drive that arrow through that shoulder blade, then i do not doubt his ability. keep posting david and len! i appreciate real bowhunters, showing real bow hunts! just my opinion
Old 07-13-2004, 10:04 PM

I never saw the pic or video. What happened.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

All references to wisker bisquit to be banned

Not to get off topic, But what's wrong with whisker biscuits? I must have just crawled out from under a rock
Old 07-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

I think there's a lot of people missing the ENTIRE controversy of the aforementioned thread. It wasn't the pictures themselves, it was the fact that Len knowingly shot a deer in the shoulder just to see what would happen. Yes his equipment was effective and the deer was taken down quickly. But what if it hadn't been? What if it had limped into someone's backyard and layed there suffering for awhile before it died? Then what? You've got people who might possibly not have feelings one way or another towards bowhunters thinking "Wow, these guys are a bunch of a-holes." Is that really worth the chance? Yes, we are all going to make a bad shot sometime in our lives - most of us more than one. But to do it deliberately - no matter what the final outcome - it just plain irresponsible. Twist is around how you like and try to justify the righteousness of that shot, but no matter what you do it was wrong. Plain and simple.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Someone tell me he didn't do it on purpose, please. Just tell me that it was an inadvertant shot placement and that thank god the equipment took care of the situation, and I'll be OK with it. (something to think about for next time, maybe).
Old 07-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys, it was a fricking bambi. I don't care where you hit the bambi, no bone is going to stop the arrow. Never in all of my years have I failed to go through a bambi. They are a no questions ask shot! I loved the pics. What was the broad head anyway?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twist is around how you like and try to justify the righteousness of that shot, but no matter what you do it was wrong. Plain and simple.
So if a person knows that his bow is producing enough energy to blow thru a shoulder blade or shatter a shoulder bone and he/she chooses to do so their "wrong...plain and simple"?

Anyone ever watch "closing the distance" on the outdoor channel? Those fellas are wrong darn near every time they shoot a deer. I purchased their video "Dead deer walkin" and at first I thought they were just inadvertantly getting too close to the shoulder (hitting it in most cases) and then at the end of the video they advertise their next video which talks about shot placement and shows their desired shot on a deer which happened to be...you guessed it , right smack thru the shoulder and thru the heart.

I dont think it's anything to condone when communicating with the novice bowhunter but the experienced bowhunter knows if he/she has a bow that produces enough energy required to take that shot.

Anyhooo , if someone would like to start a thread about shoulder shots and we can keep the discussion civil I'd be glad to chime in there instead of turning this thread into a debate which most members have no idea is going on (due to the thread title).
Old 07-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will no longer display that which might educate and enlighten people to what happens when an arrow meets flesh.
davidmil & Len You guys did nothing wrong. Len made a great shot on a deer. I would have taken the same shot myself at that distance. Good shootin Len.
Don't let the anul police get you down.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:47 AM

Most are missing the point entirely. In the thead, Len himself wrote "I would not recommend anyone take this shot." As an experienced bowhunter, he knows what can happen on a shoulder shot. He knew it was questionable. But he did take the shot, intentionally, just to see what would happen. He thought he knew what would happen, and he was right, but he took a chance on a live animal. Whether or not that was an ethical thing to do was what some of us took issue with. It was a mostly civil debate, and Len's a big boy and can take some criticism. Personally, I thought closing the thread was pretty silly.

Quick Reply: So I got to work and the world crumbles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.